Lewis Hamilton | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lewis Hamilton

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa

I am more than a little embarrassed over Speed TVs coverage. there is alot of room for improvement that's for sure.

2. sailquik

sailquik Formula 3

Feb 27, 2006
    In a temperate zone
    Full Name:
    Charlie
    I thought I heard his mother (?) was from Grenada but he was born and raised in the UK?

Anyone know the actual facts?

If he is, in fact, from the West Indies it could get people all the way from Trinidad to South Florida interested in Formula 1.

3. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Fact is that like i said he is halfcast. Half white and half black., as am i. His mum is white English. So he could equally be called a white dude;) So its the best of both world....and the worst;)

4. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    His father's parents came from Trinidad. That's what has been quoted over the last 3 years that I've seen. I saw the Grenada reference made once but not in the press or on his or the team's site.

5. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I don't care if he is half orange and half purple; the guy dropped an amazing result on his first try; he got podium in his first F1 Race for Pete's Sakes. His race craft lools good too. He is balanced and mature and makes his moves with a bit of thought and measure.

paulchua likes this.
  6. classic308

classic308 F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Paul
    +1 If I'm Alonso, I'm concerned.......

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +2

8. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    Well, at least someone gets it! BRAVO!

....and will people stop knocking Alonso...he may not be the greatest, but he has won the last two WDC. How many drivers have done that?

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Very well stated. If he was in that Ferrari, people would be praising him to the moon.

10. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    If he was in the Ferrari, some here would argue that he would be seconds a lap slower than Massa... :p

11. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'm actually looking forward to Sepang to see how Massa deals with Lewis. My prediction is, that Lewis keeps the upper hand in the battle for 3rd (while Kimi controls Fred for 1st up front).

12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Sepang cannot be soon enough.

13. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    My thoughts exactly, oh how i've missed F1 during the winter.

14. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Does anyone know the term of LH's contract? I wonder if Ron Dennis has him locked up for life, knowing that he discovered LH at such a young age, and nurtured him throughout his career.

15. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'm not sure, but if I had to guess, i'd say he's locked up for life like Mika was. You can't really blame Ron, he's invested alot of time and money into the kid. It's also not so bad to be locked up by Mclaren of all teams, the only thing better would be a drive for Ferrari.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    As I have stated earlier, Ron Dennis doesn't necessarily equal McLaren. At least not in the future:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/formulaone/story/0,,1986809,00.html

So it'd be really interesting to see whether Lewis' contract is with Ron or with McLaren.

17. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    "Most people's perception of retirement is that you stop working. My perception is completely different. It's just a systematic back-off. It will be a slow process of disengagement but not a switch. I don't want to quit as a loser."

So does Ron mean that he will retire once Mclaren have won both titles? Even then, it sounds like he wouldn't fully retire, maybe say on as an advisor or somthing? All interesting, but it's too early to say.

18. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
  19. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Remember guys when I posted this? This guy is incredible.

20. Emre

Emre Rookie

Jul 22, 2006
    Toronto, CA
    incredibly annoying i think.. :/ he's just doing what he has to do.. it's not that incredible if you think he grew up in mclaren + they give him an amazing car.. any rookie would be successful in that car and team..

ps. i got sooo bored of seeing his father in every race!..

21. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    You now win the official Troll of the year award, Idiot! Get a life, and learn something before posting dumb **** posts.

22. Emre

Emre Rookie

Jul 22, 2006
    Toronto, CA
    idiot is you!! if you don't know, this is a Ferrari forum.. go sopport him in a mclaren forum!!

over.

23. Der Meister

Der Meister Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2005
    Glendora/Prescott
    Full Name:
    Alan
    yes, but i do think Emre has a point to a degree. I do think he is a great driver, but i also think its situational, yes i know talent cant be brought by the car, but a good reliable car can be very helpful. I would like to see other given his same style of support from the top teams, there is tons of potential out htere they just need to foster it like Mclaren did with LW. in closing though i cant fault his driving but would be be as good/well known if he were to start in F1 in say a Suer Aguri, or Spiker.

24. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Right... I suppose if we put you in that car you would be winning also... :eek:

I am sorry but anyone that takes away from someones accomplishments by blaming them only on someone's father/advantages/silver spoon/etc. is an ignorant moron.

I am #1 Ferrari fan, but Hamilton is amazing to watch and I like to seeing him win. (and I did not say the same about Alonso the last 2 years either)

25. maxorido

maxorido Formula 3

Jul 6, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Do yourself a favor and drink a nice tall glass of bleach.