News

LFA Appreciation

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Sterling Sackey, Jan 23, 2018.

1. LamboLover

LamboLover Formula 3

Jul 16, 2006
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Hey Sterling, can you share what makes this particular LFA so special? I was told it was #326 & has a few options Toyota only granted to its owner.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Boomhauer likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ferrariwithsnowtires

Dec 17, 2005
    That. Is a ring edition

$75K option package
    CF exterior items including fixed rear wing, lip spoiler and canards
    Interior was more Alcantara oriented, CF in place of aluminum trim on the center tunnel
    Engine internal changes for like 10 more HP
    Different wheels with magnesium color
    Ex US std with CF door cards, had to be requested for US (points to Sterling for previously clarifying that)

They were supposed to be limited to 50 of the 500 total but that turned out to be BS

The win in the game is collectors love limited production so a limited sub model of this limited production car pushed prices of the ring cars crazy high (in my worthless opinion) to about double of the regular ones

4. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

That example is a particularly special Nurburgring owned by Craig Zinn, 1 of 3 LFAs total he owns (2 of them Nurburgrings) going off memory.

You can see a small Japanese flag emblem on the fenders, which is a one-off thing to my knowledge, and I have heard the car had some other special things done at supposedly ridiculous cost from Lexus.

LamboLover likes this.
  5. Sterling Sackey

Sterling Sackey Formula 3
    Sponsor

I don't believe the carbon door cards were even available at all in the US, unless one orders them as parts and installs them themselves (which has been done). The carbon door cards were likely not available here due to side impact regulations I would imagine, but I could be wrong.

6. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
  7. To remove this ad click here.