LFSC Concours - 2009 - Oct. 4th | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LFSC Concours - 2009 - Oct. 4th

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Jim@LFSC, Sep 29, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cb804

cb804 Karting

May 8, 2007
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Carmen B.
    #26 cb804, Oct 5, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    This was a really nice turnout and a perfect day. thanks to LFSC

3. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    +100 The owner of the 288GTO was very nice. He opened the door so I could poke my head in and take a good look. See pic that Cavallo95 posted, that is me just standing up.

I really appreciate the info and desire of others to share their knowledge and experiences.

My fav. was the 246 GT. Just love the lines. Too bad it doesn't have a 12 cylinder...........wait, that may be a nice winter project. Just kidding, no way would I spoil a 246 GT like that. :D

4. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    Hey, Nice pics, nice car and nice to meet you.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Great turnout. Bummed i couldnt make it.

6. jjmalez

jjmalez F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 8, 2005
    Northern Illinois
    Full Name:
    Joseph

Not sure why the owner would have the bumpers painted body color. But that's just me.

IMHO

7. cavallo95

cavallo95 Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2007
    chicago
    Thank's Carla, it was a pleasure meeting you.
    The best part about these gathering is meeting cool people like you, & thanks for the invite for supercar saturdays, i will sure take you up on it.
    ps: that murcielago is hotttt!

8. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    There are a few things I can see in the picture that make me think it might be a conversion.

I'm not saying it is, and I'm not saying it isn't. All I'm saying is I'm a bit suspicious. I wish there were more photos.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I realize that.

What I'm saying is a modern car with minor modifications should win an award?? There's really nothing special in that!

Buy a new Camaro and drive it to a car show. You win an award; what glory is there in that?

10. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    #35 F1tommy, Oct 6, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
    That 288 GTO was sold new by LFSC, so its real. Don't know why he painted the bumpers red. Otherwise the car looked perfect. Not a bad event at all considering it was free!!! They were almost running out of space they had so many sportscars :)

TT

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Definitely a real GTO. I spoke witht he Owner 2 years ago and he has quite the stable..( Silver F50 and Enzo among other..)

12. JohnnyS

JohnnyS F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 19, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    John
    #37 JohnnyS, Oct 6, 2009
    Awards are a way to encourage people to aspire and to reward efforts. Modern cars deserve awards as well as vintage ones. Each has their value in the eye of the beholder. Modern ones get modified while vintage ones get restored to origional condition. Frankly, I like seeing many awards. There were cars that didn’t receive any, but IMHO deserved one. That’s life as there are almost always a limited number of awards to be given out.

The 288 GTO with red bumpers......I like that! Non-black bumpers is one reason I went with a 328 and not a 308. Just my personal opinion. Gotta like what ya drive!

13. carlagio

carlagio Formula Junior

Jul 3, 2005
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Carla G.
    I don't know if you were aware, but each participant received a ballot to vote. The awards were based on the People's CHOICE.

14. cavallo95

cavallo95 Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2007
    chicago
    #39 cavallo95, Oct 6, 2009
    Take it easy Darolls, i just thought it would be nice to get out for a nice drive & meet some other car people, never did i intend to show up & get an award among all those nice cars there, just cleaned up my wheels & tookoff. Sorry if i like my cars to look nice!
    Like Carla said, everybody had their own choice in voting. Dont bash me for being a perfectionist.

15. RickSchneider

RickSchneider Karting

Jul 29, 2008
    Well, according to the people who voted, it was the cleanest car there, new or old! As far as older models are concerned an ORIGINAL 289 64 AC Cobra won an award as well!

16. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Theres something special in all kinds of cars for all manner of reasons. Thats why people come to car shows. What fun would it be if car shows were limited to your incredibly restricted views on what constitutes a show car, super car or sports car. I like CARS and CAR PEOPLE. Both come in all manner of shapes and sizes and colors both old and new. But thanks for stopping by to crap on yet another event and its participants that you didnt even attend.

P.S. the 288 GTO made me mess my pants regardless of what color the bumpers were.

17. cavallo95

cavallo95 Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2007
    chicago
    #42 cavallo95, Oct 6, 2009
    hey you! you're good you! my point exactly.
    thank's SKN.

18. JoesFun

JoesFun Karting

Oct 2, 2006
    Lockport, IL
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That Dino was perfection

19. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    As always LFSC putting another fantastic event, shame I wasn't able to make this one. Congrats Carla on the win too :)

20. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Hi cavallo95,

I wasn't referring to your car or anyone's in this forum. Congrats on your recognition and Carla's too.

I know Carla has made some very nice mods to her car, and it is not a cookie-cutter off the floor Murci.......... Congrats to both of you!!!

I was recently at a RROC event and a new, 35mi or so Phantom won an award. Yes, a Roller can be configured in any way the purchaser wants, including the type of wood used in the interior and the size of the rear window etc. But, should a brand new car with no owner input really be considered for voting......that's all I'm saying.

Perhaps I was wrong in the way I stated my post. What I meant was, I get a bit peeved when someone wins an award for a car they bought factory-new with no mods or self involvement.

Again, Carla's car deserves awards as it is unique, and she has 'personalized' it to her taste. I'm sure your car also deserves commendation and I congratulate you. Apparently it's an older Fcar in pristine condition.

Sincerely,
    Sparky

21. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Good points;"But thanks for stopping by to crap on yet another event and its participants that you didnt even attend" is a statement that's completely out of line. That was in no way my intention.

I have attended many events in the past, including LFSC annual event. My deteriorating health, and failing vision, unfortunately prevent me from attending many events in the last few years.

I was always a very active member in a few car clubs for decades, but my prevailing medical conditions prevent me from being the active member I once was.

Continue to denounce if you want to, I really don't care!

22. SKNKWRX

SKNKWRX Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2009
    Then how about saying 'Hey looked like a great event sorry I was unable to attend!' or 'Wow those were some great looking cars! Thanks LFSC for hosting.' instead of 'I dont understand why such and such car won an award its just a new car with some minor mods.' and 'I suspect that 288 GTO is a replica.' etc. You might try to come across as friendly in person but on this board in particular you look down your nose and have a negative comment at every turn. It was the same when SCS was announced and you made comments about it just being another boring car show and complained there was a Camaro graphic on the web page and whats super about that. Who cares if a car isnt a hundred years old with matching serial numbers on the seatbelt bolts, car people got together and car people decided they liked it, why cant that ever be good enough for you? I'm not denouncing you and sorry if your in bad health, but seriously say something nice sometime.

23. Jim@LFSC

Jim@LFSC Karting

Feb 18, 2006
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I really want to thank everyone for attended over the weekend. After talking to the guys who worked, sorry for missing it, they told me it was the best concours we have put on. So I thank you all for helping out attending and bringing your favorite ride!

I was also hoping that those of you who took pictures, and anyone who might some HI-RES images from the event please send them to me at work. We want to get them onto our website ASAP. Let me know.

Thanks again, and I promise to be there next year!

24. Carsleuth

Carsleuth F1 Rookie

Dec 22, 2006
    Chicago/NYC
    Full Name:
    Dan C.
    You have a PM. :)

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    #50 Darolls, Oct 7, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
    I do, but no one seems to notice! It's only when people perceive a post I make to be negative, that any response is made. Many have decided to chastise me for my comments, reading between the lines to denounce me for what they believe I really meant!

My post in this forum was not meant to be negative to anyone involved, it was meant solely as a comment to many events I've attended.

Did anyone notice that my response to cavallo95 and Carlagio earlier today was 'positive'. Nope, no replies from them or anyone else,other than you(which I appreciate)!

Many lies have been said about me, and I refuse to give them a response, as I consider the sources they came from. I know you and others have formed an opinion of me because of hearsay. That's not the way to pass judgment on anyone.

I don't know you and you don't know me, so let's just let this tribunal pass. Again, an innocent post has become a travesty because of the assumptions of others!

No harm meant in my posts; just take them with 'a grain of salt'!