LFSC Concours - Pictures | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LFSC Concours - Pictures

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by tifosi12, May 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Thanks! Yes,I've upgraded my system to Windows XP,and had Gateway install more memory,and "Clean it up" alittle bit. I have USB inputs. I was looking at a Camera,(Forgot which one,now,I believe it was a Canon...? But I know where it is at the store...:) ) That is 5.1 Megapixels,and right around $500.00.(Very reasonable)

So,all I have to do after I take the pix is to plug it into my Computer? The Windows XP shows Media Player,Movie Maker,etc...I suppose that it will explain the Process....(I hope....:) )

I will investigate this further.....:)

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    You got USB and XP? You're almost there. In all likelihood whatever camera you buy, you just plug it in and XP will recognize it even without drivers installed. Worst case you have to follow the instructions on the screen (Yikes, reading!) and feed it once the CD that came with the camera.

4 Megapixels normally will suffice for fire and forget. Five and six Megapixels is better, but costs more. I had 3 Megapixels on the Sony and that was good for most stuff, the Nikon now has 6, which is about all I ever need (like Bill Gates said "64kb is enough memory for anybody."). So that decision is really driven only by your budget.

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Thanks for your help. I didn't even think that a digital camera came with a (gulp!) Information CD!!! :)

O.K. I suppose that if I've gotten as far as I have on THIS contraption,(And,once again,Thanks for your Help with some things.:) ) A Digital Camera can't be TOO bad....:)

One of my old Buds bought a Digital Camera about 10 years ago,or whenever they first came out. (He always had to be the first one to get the latest Toy). And...he always paid the Premium Price to be the First one on the Block,too. I think he paid $1000.00 or $2000.00 for a pretty basic one back then. (He also paid $3500.00 for a 35in. TV back then,too....:) (Now,what are they? $300-$400.00?)

You know. I've said it before,and I'll say it again...If I'd have ever imagined that I'd live to this ripe old age...... I'd have planned ahead,and saved some Brain cells for "Later". (But,oh,I had some fun,I'll tell ya........;) )

Thanks! I think I'll go back and check out that 5.1 megapixel jobber. As much as I like new Technology. I'm just happy with an "On" Button,and a "Volume" button....:) All I need....

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I bet your friend bought a HDTV plasma screen TV 5 years ago. For the equivalent $$$ of a Ferrari.
    :)

As Clinton said: Starting 2003 HDTV will be mandatory in the USA. Yeah right.