LH has covid | Page 5 | FerrariChat

LH has covid

Discussion in 'F1' started by becker, Dec 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Now that's an interesting thought. Yeah, the one worried should be Bottas. Russell in the Merc by 2022?

2. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

A possibility yes. Assuming another is not chosen over Russell and Bottas is not retained. Russell is not a certainty for anything at all.

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He looks darn good and talented to me. Sauf his faux-pas at Imola. I have absolutely no British bias but the kid looks very promising. A lot more promising than half the grid of also-runs sitting in much better cars.

F2003-GA and Nembo1777 like this.
  4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Between Sunday and Friday enough days have gone by to disinfect by itself. If anything I'd be more worried about the team Lewis was in contact with.

5. DF1

Management will change between now and when Russell might be considered. His certainty is certainly uncertain. Just ask Ocon lol. I expect like any smart team, others will be in play for both seats at Mercedes

simpen likes this.
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Said the oracle inside the chinese fortune cookie. :p

F2003-GA and Nembo1777 like this.
  7. DF1

LOL fun to predict our favorite sport and be wrong and eat crow or right and.............post even more here lol :)

8. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Ocon has been squashed by Ricci as anticipated; he's old news.

tifosi12 likes this.
  9. DF1

At one time was fairly well reguarded. I will 'wait and see' on Russell. Ideally he would have been a good choice for Cheat Clone but they needed an expert in spinning to sell cars that are not selling!

jpalmito likes this.
  10. TurboFreak650

TurboFreak650 Formula 3

Jul 10, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Why, so he could be whipped by Bottas? :oops:

F2003-GA likes this.
  11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Imagine if Russell now scores pole and the maiden win.

Imagine how useless Bottas will. And Hamilton's 6 titles :D

stavura and jpalmito like this.
  12. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    ;)
    Some said something will happened with Russell if he is in position to win ..;)

Remy Zero likes this.
  13. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    I would think that Angela Cullen would be at greatest risk.

14. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

+1

Also anyone on the receiving end of Hamilton's champagne podium spraying

15. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    Hahaha, lovely to read all the anticipation of the LH-haters ready to devalue his entire career based on the hypothetical performance of a stand-in. Let's just hope he can keep it on the black bit first, shall we :) ?

If Russell does well this weekend, good for Russell! Hamilton is not driving, so if Russell's performance alters your view of Hamilton's or Bottas' driving, you might want to check what you base your opinion's on ;)

16. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Anyone know how sick is LH? Is he just positive? Flu-like symptoms? Getting the Trump cocktail of drugs?

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He had mild symptoms on Monday morning and then had himself tested, which was positive.

18. Flavio_C

Flavio_C Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 7, 2012
    Insubria
    And Rosco.

19. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    Anyone remembering how many people LH hugged without his mask after the race on Sunday?

Igor Ound and 375+ like this.
  20. DF1

Toto states he still has mild symptom and is not quite feeling well. He must test negative next Thursday and be flown to UAE Friday. Would have to stay in his room Friday per normal rules and test out and report to track Saturday. Any delay at all and he will not race it seems.

21. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Well it occurred to me that if Russell destroys the field in Lewis' car tomorrow, it might lead me to wonder whether Niko Hulkenberg might have been a seven-time WDC if he had got Lewis' seat at M-B in 2007.

375+ likes this.
  22. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Keep dreaming.

Russell will not destroy the field. Nor would Nico have ever been a seven time WDC. He got lucky he won it once. Just like his dad.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

23. simpen

simpen Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2016
    People forget that it takes more to win a championship than just win a race. If Russell goes and wins a race straight off the bat with W11, that's great for him. But it tells you absolutely nothing about his ability to cope with the pressure of dominating the entire field for seasons on end. Nobody expects anything from him, it's his treat so to speak. The point is that the driving from one driver does not tell you anything about the driving of another driver.

The list of coulda-beens in F1 is endless. I would have granted Webber the title once, but that's just because I liked him. Button as well, though his WDC with Brawn was a bit like DiCaprio's Oscar for The Revenant. Purely professional, they did better at other times, but nice to see them get recognition at some point :)

It is quite clear from Rosberg's retirement that that is an immense pressure on top of all other factors. Because he walked away from the car that automatically delivers WDC for some people ;)

Boomhauer, ktu and tifosi12 like this.
  24. DF1

A simple comparison with Bottas is useless as Toto stated yesterday. He stated this weekend that is not the point. This is an opportunity for Russell nothing more. Extrapolation is natural and I understand that. Toto stated Russell in a top car is Far Away..................

25. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    Andreas, go back and read: I wrote about Niko Hulkenberg; you misunderstood for Niko Rosberg. Young Russell wasn't far away this morning

jgonzalesm6 likes this.