Liberty Walk 308 Kit - let hate begin!!! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Liberty Walk 308 Kit - let hate begin!!!

Discussion in '308/328' started by sltillim, Jan 11, 2019.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What do you think of this 308 Liberty Walk widebody kit?

1. I'm buying this tomorrow

6 vote(s)
    11.5%
  2. Looks cool but not my cup of tea

18 vote(s)
    34.6%
  3. Let those who do this to their cars die a firery death...

28 vote(s)
    53.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    When I was twenty years younger I actually thought about wheel spacers or wider wheels, but rejected this thought, because I was worrying about the rear axle stubs in particular.
    Seems that my concerns were unnecessary, because other folks seem to go crazy testing those axle's tensile strength. They seem to be very tough.

Best from Germany
    Martin

2. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    I dont mine it, much better than a koenig imho. i'd just put some coffin spokes or something smaller on it and pick up the ride height...done.

i dont here a lot of complaining when appendages were added by michelotto, facetti, the factory with its 308gtb/4 along with pinin with millechiodi

ive seen about at dozen race prep 308 at European club races over the years. this one is not too far away in appearance from those. much better than the ones in the USA during the IMSA, trans am year in which they really butchered the cars that look more like an exotic nascar.

i admire the stock 308s as well but why pigeon hole yourself? not enough hate in the world i suppose.

3. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    In the USA we have a right to freedom of opinion/speech and we are exercising it here in exactly the same way you stated your post. While a good number of us have expressed a dislike of the car most have also supported the right to do it. Only our nay sayers seem to have a problem with expressing our opinion.

Don't like the answers, don't ask the question. Seems your argument should be with the guy who started the thread.

4. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    "Stop not liking what I like!" ;)

sltillim and Rifledriver like this.
  5. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I think that's f'in rad, but I like that kind of stuff.

sjd
    ...who once owned a '71 240z with flares like that and 17" deep lipped wheels.

6. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    yes agreed, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. just like there are "sh*thole countries out there"....its just a way to express a nation too, abet their demeaning nature.

its my mistake, i didnt see the "Let your hate and or praise begin!" part. so instead of describing the modifications, let the " philistine, Justin bieber, Faberge egg bong making" personal attack comments rip. btw, having paid him a visit at his facility and seeing them revamp those machines, i think its a good thing rob made bongs out of the those eggs in a form of Singers . some of those philistine with way too much money are forking it out at pebble and goodwood for his sawzal projects.

since we are getting personal, how many of you actually get paid for a living designing cars? i know of at least one on this tread :)

7. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    I would burn it, but I can understand that several can like it: everyone has his own taste, of course. This said, in my opinion racing tunings have a meaning when the car is new, just to race it. Then, after some years, they will gain an historic importance (like Michelotto 308s).

I would tune a Cobra 427 replica, that was born for that: it's much faster than a 308 and maybe it costs less.

ciao

8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I also firmly believe there's some cars you cut, and some you don't. These cars are the same car, but maybe one has been in an accident, or is rusty, and the other is a pristine original. There's argument for both methodologies.

sjd

9. Hannibal308

Hannibal308 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 3, 2012
    Kahuku / Cottonwood / Prescott
    Full Name:
    Will
    Couple thoughts. First, I don't like it. That's just me, and I like mods to some degree. B. I'm glad there are folks out there taking on the 308. I think it's a good thing that it is still relevant to these tuner dudes. As cars increase in value, things can be undone as well, so all is not lost. I have a dry sump Koenig being undone, for example. Finally, I have not seen young people hate on the 308 ever, unless it's the false financial narrative of it being a million dollar car. When I'm out in a GTB, I get nothing but very nice positive comments from young people on how beautiful the car is. Many have no clue what it is, but they love it. My older kids in their late teens and early 20s love them too. I see 308s as being very well liked and that sentiment is increasing by the decade as I see it.

sltillim and Albert-LP like this.
  10. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    My thoughts exactly! If you tell me that they redesigned the entire suspension to work with the wheel tire combo pushed out that far I will be more impressed. If you show me the computer simulations showing how they confirmed their calculations I will be really impressed.

Rifledriver likes this.
  11. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    I don't think, that their main target audience is interested in such things :)

Best from Germany
    Martin

12. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Its defiantly deferent!

13. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro

Attached Files:

14. Saabguy

Saabguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 28, 2012
    Shreveport, LA
    I am in love with that light pod!

15. Martin308GTB

Martin308GTB F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Black Forest Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin N.
    These are Michelotto Gr.4 recreations. Acceptable IMHO. Though I don't know how near they are on the originals under the skin.

Best from Germany
    Martin

16. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    yes i think they are fantastic, not very original of course since the real ones were also hand fabricated for most part. rare items like MFI kuglefischer, and non mg coffin spokes wheels, intruments, fusina seats are hard to source so they used replica parts. for most part they probably they did an outstanding job imho. the modern uprated roll cage isnt remotely close to the originals in design or tube sizing. the changes were needed for modern safely requirements order to rally in anger i reckon.

+1, they werent built at the factory but at michelotto which often builds or modify pure racers for ferrari themselves back then. they factory did build at least one "hot" 308 in the form of gtb/4 in which lauda tested. reportedly it was limited to one car since they had to focus their efforts on F1 and didnt have the resources for further development a gr4 car. i recall this one of went to belgium and was active in club races.

17. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I've always said the 308 could use a more aggressive look. Just not quite THAT aggressive. ;) I actually like some of the Koenig designs and they aren't that much different from this one. But like others have said, to each his own.

18. Vonbarron

Vonbarron Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 26, 2014
    Westside Mofo
    Full Name:
    S B
    Just to put everything in perspective, my son was on phone last night to liberty Walk, the kit, comprises of carbon fiber, you get wheel flares, front dam, and trunk spoiler for the price of $10k, they said there is none in production but are waiting for market response, they’ve had a lot of inquiries, targeted release May 2019

19. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    I quote myself:

20. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    [

I would say its because it's the definitive Italian sports car shape. It hasn't aged in all these years IMO and looks even better next to all the modern, gigantic blobs rolling around today.

The tuners appreciate the stance and silhouette more than the power or handling.

21. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Sharks and flamethrowers seems a bit extreme.

Attached Files:

22. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
  23. Ligu

Ligu Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2009
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Michele
  24. ferrariowner

ferrariowner Formula 3

Feb 21, 2014
    Mansfield, TX
    Full Name:
    Ron
    That picture brings back a lot of memories for me. I recall seeing this car at Norwoods about 30 years ago. As I recall, it was a 'funny car' all fiberglass and tube frame made for drag racing or the Salt Flats. I seem to recall it had a V-12 Ferrari engine with a blower.. Image Unavailable, Please Login