360 - License plate holes in front bumper - fix? | FerrariChat

360 License plate holes in front bumper - fix?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Kitchdog, Apr 20, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hello all,

I have a PPI coming up on a 360 spider which was originally a UK vehicle (now in Aus) and they have much wider license plates over there. Anyway someone thought it would be a great idea to drill very small holes in the front bumper to fit the license plate.

Now with the car being in Aus and we have smaller plates, the holes are visible. They aren't huge but it is something that would annoy me. Just wondering if anyone would know how hard this would be to rectify and the potential cost, because I should be able to work that into the eventual cost of the vehicle.

Maybe there are some some plugs that can be applied and then a touch up? Or would bumper then require a full respray etc? Or am I just being pedantic?

This isn't the most clear photo and yes the hole is small but you can see it just right of the plate (and there is another on the other side).

Thanks in advance!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
  3. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks Steve, i'm hoping it's an easy one :)

4. mello

mello F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 12, 2013
    CA Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Probably the easiest fix. If you're a perfectionist, some polymer plastic patching and a total front bumper respray will be needed. Easily $1000+ USD for labor and materials. Keep us posted as to your result.

5. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Bumper plugs.com. A company that will supply plugs color matched to your car.
    Porsche folks have used them for years...well, me too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  6. Bob in Makiki

Bob in Makiki Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 30, 2017
    Honolulu
    I had a similar issue (although mine was in my carpet where a cheap fire extinguisher had been installed). I had to buy about half a dozen plastic plugs to find one that fit the way I wanted, and I thought I would still always see it every time I got in the car. In fact, I don't see it at all now, neither does anyone else, and I had almost forgotten about it until I saw your post! At least try to find some plugs first -- if that doesn't work you can always patch and paint the bumper and you will only have wasted a little time and money. I'm betting it will be quite satisfactory. Good luck! Congratulations on the car, if you decide to get it!

7. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks mate! Just had a look and they do have yellow Ferrari plugs but in FLY yellow, I believe the 360 is Giallo Modena is different?

Anyway I had no idea these plugs existed so looks like I’ll be able to find a cost effective solution :)

8. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Send ‘em a note, see what they can do for you about color matching. No ask, no get. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

9. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I’d look up plastic welding and get an airbrush guy or body shop to just do a touch up the weld. It won’t be perfect, but I’d bet it’s less noticeable than plugs.

_TS, brookliner7 and one4torque like this.
  10. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans

Doesn't have to be as fancy as plastic welding, tiny bit of sanding small dab of Bondo, and just spray touch up with an airbrush that's all it would need. Not a big deal. I could do that at home with my hobby air gun.

11. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    Only thing about bondo is, it doesn’t have as much flex as a bumper. Might not last too long with temp changes and movements. But even some paintable marine grade silicone might work.if you put some tape over it before it cures, you can get it quite smooth.

12. Kitchdog

Kitchdog Karting

Jan 10, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    This forum is fantastic. Thanks for all the input guys :)