Lifting weights 2X/day? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lifting weights 2X/day?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by italiafan, May 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Wow, you're in really great shape. For some reason, I thought you were a much older portly gentleman. I'm recalibrating the mental image when I see your screen name. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

italiafan likes this.
  2. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    He is not a pup, the beard gives that away. But yes, great shape.

NeuroBeaker and italiafan like this.
  3. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I can shake your hand. Covid did the exact same thing to me. I gassed out all the time and lost a ton of strength. Few months down the road and I’m fully recovered (and mutated ;-) )

Skidkid and italiafan like this.
  4. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Great structures and nice to see my buddy Jay’s iconic pose on your poster!

5. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    #30 italiafan, Jun 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2022
    When we’re about to do a heavy set we say, “Jaaay Cutlaaah give us the powaah!” :D

Maximus1973 likes this.
  6. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Jay would appreciate it. He’s quite the character but also a stand up guy.

italiafan likes this.
  7. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Are you actually friends with him? I am subscribed to his YouTube channel and enjoy his videos. He really is an inspiration!

8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    I once saw a younger Jay shoehorn himself into a seat on a commercial airline. It was hilarious.

9. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    "friend" is a heavy word, but him and me shared many expo's, trips, travels, dinners and whatnot.

italiafan likes this.
  10. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    The pics with Brian Shaw on an commercial airplane in economy are even more hilarious!

Or the picture of Phil Heath surrounded by Strongmen during the Arnold Classic backstage.
    When asked what they thought of Phil's physique, Zydrunas said "nice guy, but pretty small"!

italiafan and Thecadster like this.
  11. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    If you simply want to get stronger I would recommend 5-3-1. In my experience nothing beats it. Seems like too little volume at first but if you strictly follow the program all your lifts will PR:

https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/5-3-1-how-to-build-pure-strength/

I do 2x a day three days a week but I lift around lunch and then do a crossfit style metcon around 6pm. The other three days I just do metcons and then one day of rest. I don't think I could work out the same muscle group twice a day. I focus on working 8-12 reps with one minute rest between sets BUT I do every set to exhaustion. Example: if I can do 12+ reps on any set I increase the weight. If I can't get at least 8 reps on any set I decrease the weight. The key is to always focus on repping to fatigue and not just mindlessly repping out numbers. For me it's all about time under tension and those last max effort reps.

YMMV

12. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    True…Brian Shaw is next level huge. 6’8” 440lbs is nearly impossible to fathom.

13. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Well.....I would say my #4 would be to look like you do in that photo (ha!). I employ a similar diet and espresso regimen (2 caffeinated/1 decaf) and given your workout seems to fly in the face of every bit of advice I've gleaned, I find it very interesting. How was your physique prior to your routine? How long have you been at it?