LIFTS: delivery and installation | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LIFTS: delivery and installation

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by spike308, Jul 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Got mine from eagle. They deliveried it and their guy took it off of the truck. In fact he backed the truck up to my garage so he could just slide the ramps into the garage. It took me 4 hrs to assemble by muself and a floor jack. Simple and works great.

2. mikeyr

mikeyr Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Santa Barbara, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike Rambour
    When I purchased my lift, I paid $75 extra for the delivery guy to come with a forklift, the idea was that they would drop the lift inside the garage. Of course there was a delivery problem and it got to a nearby town 2 days late, meaning they would deliver it on Tuesday after a 3 day weekend so I went down with my trailer and they forklifted it onto my trailer on Friday and I installed it on Sat. with my wife. After moving it around, that $75 would have been money well spent. When I got my new air compressor, the pallete charge to get the 550lb. compressor into the garage was $35 and again well worth it. Most delivery companies will move things for you if you plan ahead and are willing to pay a reasonable fee. For me, getting it into my garage is worth what they charge.

On the solid/c-section controversy, I can't help. I got a c-section lift that I can't imagine failing with the cars I have, maybe if I had a big SUV I would worry with either type of lift. I sometimes think there is only 1 manufacturer of c-section lifts since they all look the same and I know mine was not made by the people I purchased it from. By the way for the original poster of this thread, these things are really easy to assemble correctly, its a lot of physical work moving heavy parts around but there is not much you can do to that would make the lift dangerous if anything at all. I used my engine hoist and floor jack and my wife and I had no serious problems assembling it.