Like the Jefferson's I moved on up........ to a 720S | FerrariChat

Like the Jefferson's I moved on up........ to a 720S

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Night life, Nov 9, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    The city that rhymes with fun in Canada
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #1 Night life, Nov 9, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022
    I always knew that when I bought my 570 it was a test for the Mclaren brand and service, I am happy to report both were terrific. I absolutely adored the 570 it is an amazing machine and very underrated, I can tell you that my car outperformed most of the other exotics in our group, only one that ever beat me (with great difficulty mind you) was a 840HP Aventador and only after a good stretch did he finally start to pull away from me.

The car is sublime to drive, a truly exotic daily driver, so much so that I neglected my Diablo Roadster all summer long putting a mere 5km on it all year lol.

I feel sad for selling her but I feel good that someone will be getting a truly fantastic automobile and I very much look forward for my delivery of my 720S in Silica white with carbon package 1-2 & 3

I never thought I would own a white car but never say never as the color looks so choice on this model :cool:

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    Congrats! You will love the 720S.

Joe

3. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    The white is a huge contrast from the gulf livery, but I love it! You'll have to share with us the differences in ownership and enjoyment!

4. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I certainly will, I am so excited I fly out tomorrow morning to go pick her up. By luck and chance it has been very nice weather here in western Canada, tomorrow +10c/50f sunny, so instead of waiting for car transport and spending $2500 I fly out first thing in the morning and get to drive her back home 6 hour trip.

No better way to get to know your car than road trip I say, it's how we bond :D:cool:

5. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #5 Night life, Nov 18, 2019
    Well that wasn't your average Sunday :).

It was early morning yesterday, I was up before the dawn, I really had enjoyed my stay, but I must be moving on............ UP TO A 720s :D

Caught early flight yesterday morning to Calgary, upon landing the sky cleared up to a beautiful sunny day +17c. Took a quick taxi to Pfaff Mclaren of Calgary where the manager met up with us to hand over the keys to my 720S. Being that it's third week in Nov here in Canada that usually means snow and poor road conditions, but not today, from Calgary to Regina it was mostly sunny with above average temperatures all the way home, not one snowflake except for the other ppl in the Prius looking on as I passed by LOL.

Drive home was perfect, and gave me a chance to get to know the car, it is truly sublime in every way, power, handling, looks. A few negatives compared to my 570, I found the gas tank a bit smaller, the ride quality in comfort mode was not as good as the 570 on highway, and louder road noise than the 570 with roof up. These are all first world problems and I couldn't care less lol, I drive faster so I'm use to filling up more often, I'm rarely in comfort mode and the interior noise I just turned up the stereo which is amazing :D

Made a 7 hour road trip in 6 hours including a one hour stop for lunch and wine shopping, it was like having my own private jet :cool:

Sorry not many pics we were on a mission from God ;).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    Beautiful car, great story, and you really got lucky with the weather (we have 8 inches of snow in Detroit).

Nice reference to the Blues Brothers too.

7. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Any updates on your driving and ownership experience with your new 720S? I am planning on purchasing one soon. Thanks.

8. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    #8 Night life, Jan 28, 2020
    chinaleeexports likes this.
  9. JOEA2

JOEA2 Formula 3

Feb 2, 2006
    Staten Island, N.Y./ Sea Girt,N.J.
    Full Name:
    Joe A
    My Air Brake says STOP in large white letters. My car is Memphis Red.

Joe

10. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Night Life: I have never owned a white car, ever. The white on your 720 does look beautiful I must admit. Can you tell me about it. Does it have metallic in it? What is it called? Also I usually do not like striping a car but yours made your car look great. Are those painted on?

11. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    I thought I would never own a white car either but the 720 looks stunning in white, mine is called silica white it has a metallic fleck looks like pearl white, changes in the daylight. As far as the stripes I knew exactly what I wanted to do as soon as I saw the car, not hey are not painted it is 3m wrap, easily removable but looks like paint, any decent stripe shop can do it.

12. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Very nice. Thanks for the reply! Best of luck with that beautiful car.

13. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    Night Life. Is your car a Coupe or Spider?

14. Night life

Night life F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2007
    Full Name:
    Roberto
    A coupe, I like convertibles I really do 90% of my cars are spiders or roadsters but something about the 720 spider takes away from overall beauty of it. Don't get me wrong it is still gorgeous but the coupe imo looks better, something about the roofline on spider takes away from it.

15. Edward

Edward Rookie

Sep 3, 2007
    Love it. I have a 570S Spider. Drooling over your 720S. haha. Maybe in a few years time

16. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I love my 570, but I have that 720 itch!

17. morjo02

morjo02 Rookie

Mar 9, 2019
    Full Name:
    John Morales
    Nice Plate !