Lime Rock Ferrari Challenge + FChat | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lime Rock Ferrari Challenge + FChat

Discussion in 'New England' started by BAD360, May 15, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mulo rampante

mulo rampante Formula Junior

May 31, 2011
    Terra Incognita
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I heard nothing regarding these, though I was wandering all over the site and might have been out of range. When we arrived we were given the numbered paddock parking sheet to display and your card with the enclosed coupons. I subsequently saw the cars doing hot laps, I assumed this was the "paying customers".

They instructed us to be at the car at (I think) 1:30 pm; and we were, but it was just a bunch of us milling around as usual. Maybe this was in order to be ready for the parade? It's all a blur now :)

And, I should mention it now -- you did a brilliant job on this. Well Done Sir!

Also a thought: Maybe next year we should display our f-chat user names in the windows?

Charles

2. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Thank you Charles. It means allot to know everyone enjoyed themselves. I really enjoyed the challenge of putting this together

Also thanks for the feedback. It helps to know what we can improve for next year. I will be bringing these to LRP's attention when we speak next.

Thats a good idea about the names on the windshields, I'll put that on the list

3. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Its getting harder and harder to find events where the vintage cars are participating. The photos in this thread show some nice cars but I would agree, this showing is down from previous years. How many challenge cars were there?

4. carguy70

carguy70 Rookie

Jul 26, 2011
    Thanks for posting the clips!

The hot lap tickets were sold up in the area they were selling tee shirts and programs. We actually went around asking and eventually stumbled on them. They called the winner around noon and you had to be at the table to hear your name being pulled. We weren't the lucky winners but it was for a good cause.

5. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    I think it was $10 for a ticket. They were being sold across from the Store entrance at a folding table.

6. Ney

Ney F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Actually, there are fairly heavy concentrations of good historic cars in the NE and I don't believe they were at any conflicting events. The issue for Ferrari historics is the heavy handed approach they took with Classiche, pure and simple. Ferrari said they had to approve all the toys in the sandbox, so the owners took the toys and went home or went to other playgrounds. Now the sandbox is just sand.

7. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Would agree with this assessment. Thinking about cars per square mile, there are probably more classic and "important" Ferraris per square mile in the Northeast than anywhere else in the USA.

8. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel
    If you can excuse the poor writing exercise I've uploaded some of my photos to the link below.

Again- Please Please Please excuse the writing. Im not a blogger and was trying to find a fun way to share some of my photography. The writing is crude and rough though.

I hope you enjoy the photos though

https://gabrielmorley.wordpress.com

9. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    How about 2012? Will we get the same deal?

10. BAD360

BAD360 Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2004
    Albany/Colonie NY
    Full Name:
    Brett
    Hi,
    I am working Limerock on putting all the details together. At this point we will have a discount same as last year. They have a dedicated staff member for events this year so I am hopeful some of the bumps that occurred last year will be ironed out.

I will keep this thread updated as the details emerge

Brett

11. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Great, I'd love to run Lime Rock in my F40

12. stevel48

stevel48 Formula 3

Jan 4, 2005
    Metrowest MA
    Full Name:
    Steve (85 308 Owner)
    Fantastic and thanks much for doing this for us all. This is my favorite event of the season.

It's appreciated!