lincoln continental mark IV | FerrariChat

lincoln continental mark IV

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by turbo-joe, Jun 29, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    hello all
    just now I have in my garage the above car, VIN 5Y89A840270, 1975 with a 7.5 ltr engine and have the following problem:
    in cold condition ( I mean the engine temperature, not the outside temperature ) it starts perfect and also runs perfect but after a while, when the engine is warm it shut off and not start anymore. I found out that there is then no spark when cranking, only a spark when switching on the ignition and also a spark when turning off the ignition. checked the coil and replaced for testing with an other coil with the same result. the distributor shows a good sinus signal. but this signal is not arriving at the coil.
    when the ignition is on and I put the ignition wire from the coil to ground with a distance from about 1,5 mm then there is a "fire" ( like electric welding ) between the ignition wire and ground. but also when I go on the waterhoses I have this "electric fire". so I wonder very much.
    would be great if someone could help me.:) thank you

sorry for posting this here in american muscle because it is not a muscle car, but can not find a better section