List of F-Chat UK members----------- | Page 6 | FerrariChat

List of F-Chat UK members-----------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. paul360m

paul360m Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Nr Heathrow
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Got mine from HR Owen in London after being told by Maranello that they could only acceopt my order with the proviso that they may not be able to supply!!

HR Owen was guaranteed thus i went with them - initially ordered in SEptember & specced this week!

cant wait!

Cheers

Paul

2. Rene

Rene Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 5, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    René
    Thanks Joe,

Have had the TR since last August, already done 6000 miles and returning it to Kent High Performance for a service shortly. I mention this because I see you're in Kent. The previous owner had only put on 19000 miles since 1987 and I am out to rectify this.

Most of the driving was done on long motorway trips through France. Was in the thick of 40degree heat there this summer and at the end of one day 's drive of 560 miles, in holiday traffic, only a slight wine from the engine bay at the end of the day indicated that anything was other than normal. I've managed 720 miles in a day without a hitch although the TR is not as comfortable on this length of journed as my old XJS...

On the other hand, Ferrari airconditioning vintage 1980s does struggle to cope with such heat. I'm not sure whether the engine or the ventilation was making the greater noise.

More recently, early morning Sunday morning on the motorway, a new BMW (7 series?) flashed its lights as it tailgated me. I'm not a fast driver, I was overtaking, but in this case I was riled and he kept up with me until 140 mph, after which he began to drop away. Which may mean that the 150 limiter on Beemers is functioning, or else that we both began to loose our nerve.

I joined F-chat after posting a query about the type of engine oil to use. Amazed at the speed with which everyone answered and the answers were completely satisfactory.

In due course I'll post some pictures of the car.

Rene

3. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    Hi Im new just signed up yesterday. I placed a deposit for the stradale in September with maranello and specced it in December. Expected delivery June 04.
    cheers

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Welcome aboard and congrats on forthcoming purchase.
    Tony

5. davidgt4

davidgt4 Karting

May 28, 2003
    Surrey
    Full Name:
    David W.
    Martin
    Yes it was indeed I who spoke to you at Lydden - what are you doing for winter upgrades?

My GT4 is now running well in pure road spec. The Caterham is being rebuilt for another season's sprints/hillclimbs and maybe some SEMSEC races if I get my act together!
    Regards
    David

6. Martinb

Martinb Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Bromley, Kent
    Full Name:
    Martin Bewsey
    Hi David,

Some uprated suspension bits - much stiffer springs, specially revalved shockers (from QV), stiff bushes, rose jointed roll bar links. Followed by a good setting up session.

Bigger brakes - the QV F355 conversion for the front and hopefully new calipers on the back - I'm talking to Hi-Spec Brakes about their new range of rear calipers with handbrake take-off. Plus I now have adjustable front/rear balance.

Also a semi-stripped interior (as far as I can within the sprint series roadgoing class regs) and a new roll cage.

Hopefully that lot will help me make some quicker lap times. I too am tempted by the SEMSEC races but I expect that I'll just stick to the sprint series again.

Hope to see you at Lydden.

Martin

7. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Hi, Guys,

I joined this week. I bought my 246GTS in November. I was in two minds between a 355GTS and this. I what swung it in the end was that a Corgi Dino was the car I used to whizz around my carpet as a kid so it was the realisation of a dream for me.

I cant wait for the better weather so that I can properly get to know the car. It would also be nice to meet up with other local owners in the near future.

Cheers

Mal

8. mark_b

mark_b Karting

Dec 11, 2002
    Leeds, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Just seen a beautiful 355B parked up next to our offices here in Morley, Leeds - really nice, clean car - anyone heres???

9. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Mal

Look out for the meets in kent on 1st Feb ande 5th Feb, should be good turnout.....

Joe

10. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I hope to be there, but if I make it to The Lion it wont be until about 9.30pm - hopefully you will still be there.

11. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Mal

I'm sure we shall!

Stig