"Live tuning" solution for the 355 - anything exist? | FerrariChat

"Live tuning" solution for the 355 - anything exist?

Discussion in '348/355' started by hacker-pschorr, Mar 9, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    I've been searching around the forum looking for a tuning solution for the 5.2 brain, something similar to EFI Live the GM boys use.

In recent years the Porsche 928 computer was "cracked" by a company in Europe call JDSPorsche.com (more specifically a man named John Speake). Similar products are also available for the 944 / 951 cars (I'm sure the 911 too, I'm not really involved with those cars). I was hoping something similar was available for the 355's.
    We do all of our live tuning on a load dyno, on cars that are 100% stock there are gains to be had, some years more than others. It would be very cool to have similar control over the 5.2 computer.

So is it safe to assume the lack of threads on this topic means there is no "live tuning" solution for the 355's?

On a side note, has anyone ever tried a 3rd party ECU with a 355? One of our prototype 928's is running Autronic on a 32V 5-liter with 30psi delivered via Procharger supercharger. This system allows individual tuning for each cylinder for both air / fuel and timing. The air fuel is dialed in on this car with the use of eight wideband O2 sensors, one per cylinder. A setup like this would completely eliminate the MAF on the 355 5.2.

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    I think it can be done---The guys I use have told me they could put my car on the dyno and get a baseline -- Then tune the car to the exact setup of exhaust, etc I have.

3. hacker-pschorr

hacker-pschorr Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2006
    Land of Lambeau
    Anyone else?? I have a local guy who is more than qualified to tune one of these cars. After the primary and secondary cats are removed from my fathers 355, I would like to fine tune the ECU.

Thanks - a sign of hope. :)

4. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    We need to fool the 5.2. NoDoubt is our genius who cracked the 2.7 motronic but says the 5.2 is a different animal. He could probably tell you why. I like the robustness of OEM bosch so it would be best to crack the 5.2 if you can. Otherwise you are stuck with motronics and the like that just are not as robust or as tested for all the possbile issues the Oem's test and tune for.