living with yellow - good for the long haul? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

living with yellow - good for the long haul?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by J. Salmon, Nov 26, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. indaville

indaville Formula 3

Oct 6, 2005
    Louisville, KY
    I have had a yellow car now for three years (wife's car). Although I like it, I am getting alittle tired of it, and probably will not get another yellow car for some time.

2. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Yellow is for those of us that are not too bright !!!

Right John ????

Mario

3. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    #28 MARQ, Nov 27, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The reason it took me so long to get my 328 is that I simply wouldn't accept another color. Just had to be yellow, period. I know it drove the dealer who was looking for a car to meet all my specs absolutely crazy. Nearly 5 years of ownership later, I'm glad I didn't compromise. My next one will be yellow too.

(Hey, this is my 1000th post! Quite fitting, I must say.)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Ronbo

Ronbo Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    Morris County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I love the V-8s in yellow (not sure I have the stones to own one, tho). But I don't like it on the V-12s. Saw a yellow 550 once, didn't work for me. And I couldn't imagine a yellow Scag.

5. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    #30 Dcup, Nov 27, 2005
    uhhhhhhhhhh, we have vanilla, chocolate and strawberry........

6. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #31 decampos, Nov 27, 2005
    I love yellow. I must confess It took me a while to warm to it. People continue to point out that yellow is the colour that will kill the value of a car. I have a feeling that doesn't apply to ferraris. I hope not anyway.

I also love red so I had my car repainted to represent my two fave colours. I think you'll agree that it now looks unbelievably good.

7. FastLapp

FastLapp F1 Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Rhode Island
    Full Name:
    James
    I hate to be unpolite for critizing your pride and joy. But in my opinion, it loooks like the Mcdonalds official theme car!!! I would definitley make changes to that 308 if it was mine, but hence it isnt.

8. Dcup

Dcup F1 Veteran

Jan 3, 2005
    Between 2 Implants
    Full Name:
    Claude Balls
    LMFAO !!!!!!

9. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    oh man. low blow. making fun of a mans' car. let the fight begin!

10. rafo

rafo Karting

Jun 6, 2005
    CA
    If the yellow excites you buy one in that color.

I bought a yellow Ferrari and it was incredible the first few years. After the 3rd year, i got a little tired of the color.

So what is "long haul" for you? If I did not own a yellow already, I would buy one in a heart beat. But if you have done the yellow thing already, then the red starts to look very appealing again.

11. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    #36 Crawford, Nov 27, 2005
  12. decampos

decampos Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 11, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #37 decampos, Nov 28, 2005
    You're totally right. I've just had it redone.

13. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    LOL!!!!!!! ;)

14. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #39 Tomf-1, Nov 28, 2005
  15. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    to answer the quesiton, not of whether yellow looks good (of course it does!) but does it "wear" well...imo yes. I like yellow, but I also dont think Id get sick of it, so go for it. the only color i got super sick of was the Audi smurft blue....ugh.

16. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    When I was in my research phase, I asked a lot of my female friends what color Ferrari I should buy. Of those who said, "Anything but YELLOW!", those that I took to the dealership so they could see a yellow 360 and a red 360 sitting side by side in person, they would all say, "Oh my goodness! Get the YELLOW!" I only bought a red one because of resale. I see yellow ones sitting on ebay for months, but the red ones (especially the 6-speeds) disappear in less than a week.
    And speaking of looks, the yellow 348 spider is a phenomenally beautiful car!!
    :)

17. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Yellow is one of those colors that looks a LOT better in person than it does in pictures. I saw Lamour's car pulling into the lot over the weekend, and it looked stunning. The only FCar that I have a hard time accepting yellow on is the 550 - and I think that is because of the size.

18. ddnguyen

ddnguyen Karting

Aug 11, 2005
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Duane
    until I saw Jeffrey's in person after color sanding. Spectacular. I wasn't considering yellow until I saw it in the flesh.

19. blainewest

blainewest Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2005
    Kelowna, BC
    Full Name:
    Blaine W
    I'm just a recent ferrari owner having just bought a 1975 308 gt4...yellow with black "boxer trim". I have always loved yellow exotic cars provided it is an agressive shade of yellow (no wimpy yellows please). If you are considering buying a F-car I presume that you wish to be noticed. Why would you buy a piece of automotive art/history in a color that is common, boring or simply "blends in" with the rest of the roadgoing traffic? Be brave...get the yellow you won't be sorry and I don't believe you'll tire of it. In my view it will wear better (lighter shade is cooler, less tendency to fade, show imperfections such as swirls etc.) As for resale....I'll leave that to the market experts but I waited for years until this car in this color scheme came up and I was prepared to pay a premium for it.
    Red is also great on any F-car but is more common and hence less unique.
    Hard to go wrong with either color but IMO yellow rules...oh yeah the chicks really seem to like it.

20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Yo, blaine west, nice post!

*secret 308GTB yellow/black Boxer Trim handshake*

"Excuse me, Sir, but I think you left your paint job turned "on".....!!!!!!!!!
    Humorous Watch Shop Repairman

You can always get other colors, for the other days of the week..:rolleyes:.

21. Giallo77

Giallo77 Karting

Feb 24, 2005
    Switzerland
    My dealer had red, black, silver, blue and grey 360s for sale - but I wanted a yellow one...! Either you like that colour or not. If yes - you will never regret. For the 360 anyway: This car shows its beauty best in red or yellow which are in addition the official Ferrari-colours!

22. cig1

cig1 F1 Rookie

May 3, 2005
    In front of you
    Red is too easy ... nice, very nice, but you can buy a red Ferrari without blinking an eye. It takes a daring mind and a special enthusiast to step into a yellow Ferrari.

G

23. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    My Stradale was yellow.......and i absolutely loved it!! although i will admit after a bit i was craving red!!! That being said the new Z06 i have on order is Velocity Yellow!!!

24. WDR328

WDR328 Formula 3

Dec 11, 2003
    The Bugscuffle Inn
    Full Name:
    D. Rose
    #49 WDR328, Nov 29, 2005
    My first F-car was yellow 328 and it was spectacular. Then i sold it and bought a Titanium 355. I like it but it is not as impressive as the yellow color. Then I bought a black 512M and although it is impressive it just does not have the presence of a yellow car. So I bought again. I believe this one has the presence and the essence of a yellow Ferrari. My opinion only.

25. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Many of us don't really like the attention, but it comes with the territory, so I have learned to live with it. However, you are right, although I personally do not like yellow cars, it is very striking on a Ferrari and, perhaps, says "look at me" for some people.

Dave