Lloyd Custom Car Mats | FerrariChat

Lloyd Custom Car Mats

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Level7, Nov 8, 2021.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Has any one ordered "everyday" car mats from Lloyd Mats 19731 Nordhoff Street Northridge, CA 91324?

I want a second set of inexpensive mats so that my original mats do not get wear and tear. Evidently Lloyd offers custom carpet and rubber mats for Ferraris.

I am looking at the Ultimate carpet style, which is not too plush. Hard to tell which Red is best - either the Torch Red 477 or Red 409.

Here is a direct link: https://www.lloydmatsstore.com/ultimat-floor-mats

If anyone has purchase experience I would appreciate feedback/thoughts.

Thanks!

2. thx enzo

thx enzo Karting

Aug 11, 2021
    Hartland, WI
    Full Name:
    Stevenp
    I had a set of Lloyd's for my 2007 Corvette. Larger than OEM and a much better quality in terms of thickness and construction.

3. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Thanks for the quick feedback!

4. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I ordered the Ultimats style for my Grigio/Rosso '85. Very happy! They sent samples, and 410 Carmine turned out to be an exact match for the rosso carpets. (Torch red was way redder.) They even worked with me to adjust the driver's mat because the first one was touching the gas pedal and was too tight on the sides. I sent detailed floor dimensions and believe they may have incorporated them into their design for the 308. Note, their retention system (grommets and hooks that attach to the carpet underneath) don't work as our carpet floor sections float. You can rig up something different if needed; you don't see the grommets as they're hidden by the front of the seat cushion.

5. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    Thanks - from the sample photo the 410 Carmine seemed a bit dark. I will now reconsider as I also have Grigio Silverstone/Rosso-Black interior.

6. Llenroc

Llenroc F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Vern
    Have them in my Maserati, very nice far better the OEM matts that were with the car.

whatheheck likes this.
  7. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Great carpet quality, very plush. Unfortunately, the holes for the mounting clips need to be expanded by hand and that's not an easy job. I have a nero set. PM me.

8. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

What model Ferrari?

9. mrchaztsai

mrchaztsai Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2020
    Hong Kong/Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Charlie T
    I use their Ultimat mats in my W210 E55 and previously in our Cayenne, very plush and definitely holds up to wear very well. Fitment was spot on, no issues at all, would definitely purchase again.

whatheheck likes this.
  10. Level7

Level7 Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2020
    PA
    Full Name:
    Level7
    So I ordered one set of custom mats from Llyods for my new F8. If I ever sell the car (which I doubt), I wanted to be able to provide pristine original mats.

I ordered black mats, Ultimate carpet style, and red binding with red stitching. The ordering process was easy and Llyods kept me up to date in terms of the order progress. Total time from order to receipt of my mats shipped from CA to PA FedEx ground was 8 days - I received them today, one day earlier than planned. Total price was approximately $121.00 including shipment.

Based on my initial impressions, I think that the quality of the mats is very good - certainly equal to the original Ferrari mats. The mats have a rubber backing and the two "clips" to hold them in place. The red binding is close in color to the red in my car, but not exact. For me this is fine as you really do not see the red binding and I could have ordered black binding if I was concerned.

The Lloyd mats are slightly longer that the OEM Ferrari mats. This caused no issues for installation.

I am attaching some photos - hoping that they might help someone make a decision. I will report back in a few months time and give an update on the wear and tear of the mats.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

brandfish and whatheheck like this.
  11. brandfish

brandfish Rookie

Aug 29, 2016
    This last review was excellent! Pictures and everything, awesome!

My used 488 came with brand new replacement mats. the type that are black leather/leatherette/vinyl. they look great but as soon as a shoe touches them they are immediately dirty looking. So I was looking to buy a new set that were not black leather for that reason. I did not want to spend 6-9 hundred dollars on a set either. I bought a set of Lloyds Ultimat with yellow stitch upgrade. Llodys was having a sale. 114.74 shipped for the mats. I wanted to spice them up a little bit as I can rarely leave things alone. I bought center cap prancing horses to cover the plastic mounting hardware and ordered 2 iron on patches all from Etsy. *The mats are definitely nice enough for me to recommend. Very hard to go wrong if you order these. Good luck! I have a couple vids and pictures. Watch the non edited iPhone videos if you want to waste some time.

TIME WASTE VID 1

TIME WASTE VID 2

* Why lloyds may be for me and not for you:
    1. the drivers side is not a perfect fit. the mounting points are just a hair too wide creating a slight rise in the carpet between the two mounting points It's nothing anyone else will ever notice because it is tucked under the seat enough you won't notice it unless you know its there. it is very slight but still not perfect. the passenger side is perfect. No big deal, except I have tried to contact them for 2 weeks now with 3 emails and no response. that is kinda lame. Im assuming it was a small manufacturing variance and am not super concerned. I am thinking about ordering a set in red because I think eventually they will do right by me and im sure it was just a small manufacturing variance. no big deal.
    2. I have put 200 miles on the mats and have the feeling after about a year or 1500 miles in my case, the heal portion of the drivers side mat will look pretty matted down. we will see. I'm not concerned because that area is tucked up in the pedal area pretty far and ill just buy another set at that price. I think it will look very matted down after a year because I can already see a little matting down, but that might just be the initial matting of that area with no significant changes in appearance for a while. I just dont think they will last for more than a year looking great, however I'm not sure any mat without a heal pad will look perfect after a year.

My Conclusion:
    They are awesome for the money, I am glad I bought them.

Attached Files:

Level7 likes this.