LM002 Dakar Rally | Page 3 | FerrariChat

LM002 Dakar Rally

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by SimonSays, Mar 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    L702 in written form doesn't look like L507 4V - the engine type used on LM carb. I mean, originally (before 1996) it had a strange engine.

In 1996 the car ran Granada-Dakar under Andrea Barenghi and they had modified a bunch of stuff, including CIS injection. To me the current setup looks more like carb'ed long block and Countach CIS intake. I doubt you can take EFI LM block (L520i) to 600 HP because it's weird in design: all tensioners are designed for Diablo which runs counter-clockwise, while LM runs clockwise. And Countach block engine is a better engine for racing, at least, you can expect stable valve timing.

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall

I agree, that is not the motor being referred to. I still wonder why the conversion to CIS?

3. hashiriya

hashiriya Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2010
    I think this has to do with filtration. Obviously, carbs don't like sand and pre-filters aka cyclones are restrictive too. So somehow they got the crazy idea to install CIS, less filter restriction, very reliable, also it could reduce overall fuel consumption (likely).