LMB body | Page 2 | FerrariChat

LMB body

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Boudewijn, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The actual Lusso leaves these cars for dead in the looks department.

The nose makes it look a little too long, but I can forgive that as it is a competition car, but I cannot forgive the rear wheel solution. For the prototype maybe, but for the rest of this very small model range they should have implemented something far more professional. On top of that the air exit openings don't work with this body shape like they do with the GTO. Looks to me like a car that has had different ideas from another car slapped on to it ... like a replica.

But each to their own. I can pretty much guarantee though if they were not as rare as they are, they would not be so "beautiful" to so many ;).
    Pete

2. velocetwo

velocetwo F1 World Champ

Dec 11, 2006
    Left Coast
    Santa Monica?

3. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    fair enough.

I just love how that sleek Lusso-body is transformed into an agressive competition car with just relatively minor modifcations.

4. 335s

335s Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    T. Monma
    You know what is beginning to seem to be a potentially connecting thread-it seems BOTH of these rare cars were, at aproximnate same times, owned by...you guessed it: Don Fong!
    How weird was that....????
    Or not....:-}

5. Terra

Terra F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2004
    Agreed.

6. JetDriver

JetDriver Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    Does anyone know where 4619 is now? I was told it was at Blackhawk Museum a month or two ago. There has been some confusion what has happened to the car. Heard it had an oil leak and was moved and then disappeared. I looked at the other 330LMB in NY a fEw months ago and then told a man Lee owned the car. It was possibly for sale. Help anyone?

7. JetDriver

JetDriver Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    When did you own 4619?

8. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    I didn't own it; I was just a middle-man between the seller (whose name escapes me but a retired driver/ dealer in Orange County) and Don Fong of Atlanta as buyer. Had possession for a week or so.

9. JetDriver

JetDriver Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    I heard the 330LMB that was at Blackhawk sn 4619 was going to be shipped to Korea, but because of tariffs it was not. Does anyone know what happened to it?

10. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Re: post 33; the seller was Charlie Hayes.

11. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
  12. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    Perhaps this was also at the time he had 0810 in boxes in his shop. Certainly one of the hubs of so much of the ex-racecar activity, for his time and place. He would make for an interesting thread...

13. Ed Niles

Ed Niles Formula 3
    Honorary

Sep 7, 2004
    West Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Edwin K. Niles
    Wouldn't he, though! Wish I had known him better, but maybe someone around here did.

14. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    Ken Starbird said that was the person that he flew to make sure what he bought was completely as represented. His comparision was to another car he bought remotely.

Jeff

15. JetDriver

JetDriver Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    Any seen 330LMB 4619 at any events in the last few years? I have something that goes with car. Looking for a way to contact person who has it. Anyone know who has it now?

16. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    For many, the 250 GTO remains the ultimate front engined 60s Ferrari but for me the LMB is judging on pictures is ever so slightly more pretty, the shape is just so easy on the eye and its always amusing when talking among the Ferraristi here in SA to bring up the LMB, everyone know the GTO but mention the LMB and one is greeted by blank looks.

Do take my comments in the context of someone who prefer the look of the Lusso over the SWB.....;)

17. JetDriver

JetDriver Rookie

Jul 30, 2011
    Everyone has there own taste in cars, boats, airplanes, and women. Can't fault anyone for giving there opinion on what they like or don't like.

18. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You are likely thinking of 06701, which is still around.