London terrorized by 1,000-hp turquoise 599 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

London terrorized by 1,000-hp turquoise 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by WJHMH, Jun 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BentleyKWT

BentleyKWT Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Bentley KWT
    The Al-Thani guys don't drive bad at all. They just accelerate within the speed limit and cruise.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xZ01Uaw7M[/ame]

show me one guy who drives recklessly in this video. We generally cruise and like to waste time.
    A few guy's not even from the region give us a bad rep.

2. cc8s

cc8s Karting

Jan 28, 2010
    UK
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I wonder what the al-Thani family think of all this? As it is their unique colour, unfortunately the driving and bad press may reflect on them. Also, I believe the car is now on a British plate and, in the most recent footage of it, he was driving rather sedately.

3. funkstar

funkstar Karting

Aug 11, 2009
    It's nothing to do with nationality, whether or not you're British. The 2 guys driving the Lambo SV which crashed in central London were both from Abu Dhabi, both were arrested, plenty of British people have been arrested for this sort of stuff too.

4. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    It's not necessarily legal, it's called "driving without due care and attention", an offence under the RTA.

5. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    obviously not enforced ...

6. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    It's a "free kick" for the police.........you very rarely get charged with, for example, excessive speed without this being thrown in too. It's essentially a catch-all and one of the most common criminal charges.....very hard to disprove.

7. BentleyKWT

BentleyKWT Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Bentley KWT
    I completely understand your point of view, it would bother me if I lived there too. They usually do a tour. London, Paris, Cannes, Malaga, and go back home. Talk to them about this topic next time you catch one hanging around his car, should be interesting.

Cheers

8. London John

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    I'll just park an Fcar at either end and block them in.........should be interesting, as you say.

9. LastRide

LastRide Rookie

Oct 12, 2010
    Bummer you have to ride the clutch all day riding on those busy streets. Better off driving a Moped..LOL

10. bgck13

bgck13 Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2007
    Somewhere
    What do you expect from a bunch of babies who have never earned a thing in their life. They love to play executive and act important but in reality they are just trust fund children. Even worse, most of the sources of their wealth are not from genius businessmen but instead country rulers who got lucky and took the country's wealth for their own. It's a sad situation.

11. BentleyKWT

BentleyKWT Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Bentley KWT
    Why is it so important to you, what ever they do does not effect your daily life?. Let them have fun. Life is short.

12. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    Thumb Up !!!!!!!!!

13. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    IF they had to pay the fines and suffer the consequences of this kind of 'fun' like the rest of us, then i would be all for letting them enjoy their cars like this. but somehow i know that doesnt happen.

therein lies the rub....

14. mmollo

mmollo Formula Junior

Oct 20, 2010
    [x] Texas [ ] Maui
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #89 mmollo, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    What a small world. I was just sitting here watching this video and noticed the Scud in the video at 5:41. I was in London last year and remembered that I took a picture of a Scud on the street one day as I was walking around. So I just looked at my pictures and, sure enough, the car I took the picture of is the same on in the video. Maybe I'm the only one who finds that coincidental, but I thought I'd share the story. This picture I snapped from my iPhone was taken 6 days after the video was shot in London.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    +1

will prob get put under P&R soon ...

16. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Ouch.

Korr, buddy.

We love ya, but . . . a little over the top, don't ya think?

Dave

17. NWaterfall

NWaterfall Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2009
    The Track
    Full Name:
    Waterfall
    Enough with all the bickering, I want to see how to get 1,000bhp in a 599!!! :D :D :D

18. bounty

bounty F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I think you and the people you are defending should get a swift kick to the nuts.

19. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    So I will say this; Im arab (saudi/egyptian) have grown up in london and have lived in Mayfair (right over the Mclaren dealership), Knightsbridge/Chelsea (just off sloane), and now I've bought a flat in Pimlico to be further from the mess and live on the thames. I personally hate this particular season in London. Its annoying, disgusting and in all honesty a vulgar display of neuvo-riche. I come from a very old trade family in saudi arabia and we are all western educated and live all over the world now. The difference is we still have old world values and moral compasses while still being assimilated into western culture. I like many people I know refuse to be in london from June-August if we can help it. But the largest issue with this, is that all the attention they are getting is just fueling the fire, making them infamous.

This has nothing to do with religion, culture or ethnicity, there are idiots in every city who drive like ass hats, its just these idiots drive like ass hats in expensive cars, so they are more visible. Im sure everyone in this thread has had a civic or neon that drove like an idiot around them. You have tons of eastern europeans who do the same things with their flashy cars and such. Im sure if I shipped my 700hp WRC bodied STi over to london and drove like an ass hat with Oregon plates, people would roll their eyes at the dumb american.

I honestly put the blame on England and them not requiring these cars that get shipped into the country to have a temporary british reg. If they did this they could enforce local insurance companies to cover these cars and make it easier to catch who owns the car. Also by doing this insurance rates on cars coming from particular regions to go up, which may make it less appealing to ship their cars over.

So instead of racist (anti-semitic, because arabs are semites also) comments about the stupid arabs driving like idiots. How about just saying stupid asshat who is driving like an idiot. Its a shame they are the ones being focused upon instead of the ones that are actually contributing to society.

20. BentleyKWT

BentleyKWT Karting

Jun 15, 2011
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Bentley KWT
    Very well said,

I am shocked at the level of insolence by some of the posters here, who seem to be from well educated backgrounds, yet fuel hate towards a certain culture.

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I agree, good post....

I cannot get video to load for some reason...server never like StreetFire website.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If there is such a thing as karma, I want to come back as Saudi Royalty.

Of course not! To some of these guys, you're just another sand monkey, irrespective of your personal morals and convictions. But in reality, a lot of them are just jealous, and would kill a Norwegian girl to have the kind of money they assume you have simply because you are or look Arabic. No point of view or amount of rationale will change their tune. I'm sorry.

Yeah, I noticed how they forgot to mention the Porsche and the Aston that were in tow for most of the video.

I have never seen Arabic plates that didn't also have cardinal numerals on them, largely printed, and thus easily read by any Westerner with half a brain. You've executed a series of comments in this thread that basically spell out your dislike for Arabs. If that's not true, you have a very peculiar way of demonstrating your unracist, non-generalized vitriol for hot-headed drivers.

23. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Im sorry Carbon but i have personally seen several of these cars with arab script only plates. In Paris or London or south of France. Just only recently do you see these cars with their local plates in roman alphabet.

24. bulletproofwallet

Mar 2, 2011
    San Francisco

QFT

25. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    In all of my spotting and documenting, I've never come across Arabic plates that didn't additionally include Western numerals. But if that's the case, I apologize.