London terrorized by 1,000-hp turquoise 599 | Page 6 | FerrariChat

London terrorized by 1,000-hp turquoise 599

Discussion in '612/599' started by WJHMH, Jun 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    Exactly why I don't even want to attempt to bring my car back to my home in london before it goes state side. You have driving while asian, black, female and now arab/brown. lol ahhhhhh stereotypes so racist yet so fun.

2. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bdbVs5WheQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

3. funkstar

funkstar Karting

Aug 11, 2009
  4. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    THey are used to it at home, in saudi you can't go over 120 kmh on most highways now without some sort of repercussion. They will even make you spend 1 night in jail in most cases. Dubai is very strict about their speeding and even have speed cameras set up also.

5. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
  6. funkstar

funkstar Karting

Aug 11, 2009
    We think the Quatari royal family get arrested or in any kind of trouble for driver violations in the middle east? Or the other royal families? Or any of their distant relatives and friends?

7. tuttavelocita

tuttavelocita Formula 3

Aug 26, 2007
    The royal families are a totally different issue. But alot of these guys in London are just wealthy, not necessarily royalty.

8. Clay.

Clay. Rookie

Jul 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Clay Hundley
    Crazy awesome

9. Maximus

Maximus Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2009
    Assen, NL
    Full Name:
    Jurgen
    Your not old or old-fashioned at all. I was raised with the same principles. I don't quite know what started the decay of society, I guess the start was more wealth for all. This starts wishes and the fulfillment of these wishes which everyone wants now.

In the Netherlands we had a campaign a couple of years which stated "Verbeter de wereld, begin bij jezelf", which is freely translated to "Improve the world, start with your own behavior".

10. MaxPower

MaxPower Two Time F1 World Champ

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    and about time too ...

11. agup48

agup48 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 15, 2006
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    AG
    +1, these guys are driving around like they own the place. From that article, one guy was driving the wrong way of a one way? What a idiot. :rolleyes:

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Problem is, UK law states that the correct registration has to be written down, other wise the offence doesn't stick. Given that the typical Briton can't write Arabic, and the numbers alone aren't sufficient, it will never stick.

13. cheesey

cheesey Formula 3

Jun 23, 2011
    between diplomatic immunity and the wealth factor, police have very little that they can do,

this crap plays out in all the international cities...

14. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    apparently they DO ...

:rolleyes:

15. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Don't you believe it.....

16. MaxPower

Mar 28, 2006
    At sea ... aahhh ...
    Full Name:
    MP
    my only source of info r the local rags ...

:)

17. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    #142 thepinkumbrella, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. London John

London John Formula Junior

Sep 7, 2010
    London & Melbourne
    Full Name:
    John
    Very prominant article in this weekend's Sunday Times......entitled "The Big Sheikh-down".....(tragic title).

"The Middle East’s elite flock to London every summer to holiday with their supercars, many bringing noise and a disregard for parking laws. Now the locals are fighting back."

Worth a read BentlyKWT.

Peace.

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Did you get the serial number?

20. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Yes, but it was difficult to determine from this picture. It started ZFF...

Paul

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL! Touche!

22. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Confiscating cars wont do it. They'll go buy another one. The ultra wealthy young arabs are suffering of a decease called "chronical bordum". They have a lack of goal (I means a positive one). I used to talk to a women who use to clean for them in France. Some sheik from the royal family. The guys use to burn hole in extra expensive suits with cigarettes tothen yell and the servants.

Then he was hidding stuff in the house and spoiling things. If they did not cath presto, they were fired after being yelded at. Was a game for him.
    The only thing that would work, unfortunatly is 1 month in jail with hard labor. The only medecine for any spoiled brats. not really bad guys but just people with a lost sense of purpose it seems.

23. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    it started with the constant messages and commecercials "you deserve it". From school "your are the best" to mindlkess TV shows like" sweet 16" brainwashing peoples that life is a fantasy wonderland. Basically big business in the greed of making more money turned people into commercial monsters and now they wonder why they cant have what everyone has and turn nasty and bitter. this will ultimatly end badly for all.

24. euro_king

euro_king Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2009
    San Jose, Jakarta
    Full Name:
    Jastien Weiss
    very well put.