Long time on market, red flag? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Long time on market, red flag?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Threeofnine, Dec 6, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P

So both the black and the white TR have been for sale for multiple years and they both happen to sell within a couple of days of each other this past week??? That’s BS.

2. Threeofnine

Threeofnine Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2020
    Birmingham, AL USA
    Full Name:
    Jarrod Heath
    There’s a dealership in Atlanta that’s had a Testarossa for sale since 2019, yet every time I’ve inquired about it it’s always under contract or off having a PPI done (including a couple days ago). I do not understand what the dealership gains by this.

3. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    Sounds like a car worth checking out.

BHCC does get some dogs, but at first glance that TR is interesting to me. High miles, sure, but if it passed a PPI it could be a good driver, especially if you're inclined to keep it. I don't know if the receipts shown are complete, if they are they're pretty thin from around 2007-on. A quick skim shows some minor bodywork in there, at least one FCA track day inspection, then again it didn't get to 80K miles by sitting in a garage getting wiped with a diaper.

If I had the extra money, time, and space, I'd love to find a well-maintained, high-mile driver Ferrari, and just keep it going.

EZORED likes this.
  4. audi_328

audi_328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 13, 2005
    NH
    Full Name:
    Audi
    It's just SOP sales tactics: the dealer wants to create the impression that their inventory is in demand and cars are selling. No dealer will volunteer to a prospective customer that a car's been sitting there for a couple years, even if it's been on their website for that long.