Look for a Quattroporte for a family hauler | FerrariChat

Look for a Quattroporte for a family hauler

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by svtrichie, Apr 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. svtrichie

svtrichie Rookie

Apr 7, 2017
    I am thinking at purchasing a used QP for my wife as a replacement for her Infiniti. I have found a 2010 S model with only 34k miles on it. Are there any concerns for reliability and maintenance on these vehicles. Anything to look for as issues?? I am a car guy but never had anything like this, mostly american muscle cars.

2. sevminasyan

sevminasyan Formula 3

Jun 24, 2008
    Glendale, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    With maseraties there are always issues. Or will be issues. Its just a matter of time. Speaking of personal experience as I bought one for my wife, a 07 QP.

3. nmv9624

nmv9624 Rookie

Apr 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Similar question, I am looking into a QP as my new DD and am debating on model years.

I know 05-06 I would run into replacing the clutch. other than that, I am wondering about reliability because these things can be less than a basic new Honda civic. I have enough European service connections as to where I am not worried, but I still want to be able to drive the car.

07-08 I am interested in but they are twice as much as the 05-06's. I am wondering if the overall reliability of the car with the automatic is worth the extra cost, considering I'm only planning on keeping the car about 25k miles.

Or, the 09's are pretty, but I am wondering what common issues are on those, as I have found a couple in my range.

Any and all help is appreciated. thanks.