Look what I found in a Garage in ITALY??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Look what I found in a Garage in ITALY???

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by drakefan, Apr 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Marcel Massini the historian.

2. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    #27 f308jack, Jul 30, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
    Marc,

You fell for it....

(edit) I hope he graces us with his presence once again soon..

3. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Ouch:)!

4. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I had a feeling it was Sir Anthony Bamford - just the image of a car like this in a JCB manufacturing plant had me perplexed...

Now, I could see a car like this being in Pat Foster's shop (RIP) :)

5. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Thanks for the photos Chris:

Always great to feast one's eyes with it, to see this car which so influenced my Ferrari dreams as a boy decades ago thanks to those scenes in Toby Dammit the Fellini movie...but to now discover it amidst SUV's which could ruin it because their driver has spilled his latte or dropped her gadget phone is a bit of a visual shock....like seeing princess Grace in gown and tiara at Walmart....

I wish I could buy it, repaint it gold and exercise it on deserted hilly Italian roads!

6. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    You and me both! :D

7. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    What a lovely thought, Marc!

Onno

8. climb

climb F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2006
    Atlantic Beach Fl
    Full Name:
    Stuart K. Hicks
    I took that movie out of my Netflix Queue because it had jane fonda in it not realizing this car was in it. I like Malle and Poe too so it's back in. Unfortunately the whereabouts of the DVD are unknown for now..

9. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #35 Nembo1777, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    The movie is on Youtube, just enter Toby Dammit and it is there in segments. The car is shown in the last third of that film. The first two are a decadent movie awards ceremony in which Terence Stamp is drunk and it is not appealing to anyone other than Fellini fans (which I am, once in a blue moon!)It is a bit of a mad movie but just ignore the behaviour of the deparaved actor and enjoy the way Fellini shows the car: the way the 330LMB engine reverberates against the walls of that sleepy village in the middle of the night and the surreal atmosphere of his drive is something that really struck me...over 30 years ago.

You can find the dvd (or VHS) on ebay under spirits of the dead. As mentioned above the movie consists of three segments by Vadim, Malle and Fellini, plus you get Jane Fonda and Bardot at their best too!

best regards,

Marc

10. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    About ten years ago, while living in the northeast and driving through Skippack, PA, I saw this car (or something similar) on a dealer's lot at the intersection of Rt 73 (Skippack Pike) and Rt 113. There were no signs or any indications of intended sale but it just caught my eye. It's possible that Phil Tegthmier may have been associated with it at one time.

Can anyone add more?

Bob Z.

11. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #37 Nembo1777, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    Yep that was 2235: not the car in the photos by Chris a few posts up but the other car but if you just saw it from a distance while driving by it would look almost identical. Phil has been involved with that car for decades and still is: we exchanged emails about it a few months ago.

best regards,

Marc