Looking for 360 Maglite Flashlight for tool kit. | FerrariChat

Looking for 360 Maglite Flashlight for tool kit.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Reddesire348, Jan 16, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Reddesire348

Reddesire348 Formula Junior

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Recently discovered that my newly aquired 360's tool kit, all be it in perfect condition, is missing its maglite torch....!?!?

Would anyone have a 'spare'. There is only one on ebay at the moment with the insane price of $USD 327 and on searching a bit more there is another (god bless the gentleman) who wants GBP 500 for it !?!?!?

Now I may be a crazy Ferraristi who may even be willing to spend a silly amount of money for a $10-20 maglite torch, if its an original item, for my tool kit but I am not that f@#@king stupid to let someone fleece me out of my hard earned coin like that. If you do think this is a fair and reasonable price then please do not respond to my request I will probably get in trouble while I trash you on this forum :mad:

However if you do have one that you may be willing to part with then please lets be sensible and reasonable about it and send me a PM. I'm sure we can come to a good agreement :rolleyes:

2. knocker

knocker F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 10, 2017
    Sydney Aus
    Full Name:
    Adrian
    Good luck mines also missing I’ve rang Maglite and they only made them for a specific time for Ferrari soo it’s the American for $300 ish or god knows where even eurospares don’t have any(And the Brit has lost it at £500

3. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    Ricambi used to have them in stock for around $70, but they’ve been unavailable for awhile now.
    If you do a search of completed sales on eBay, you’ll find the price has been steadily increasing.
    Most sales seem to be over $200 now.
    Since they seem to come up fairly regularly, with patience you should be able to find one.

4. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Yes I think its a matter of patience. Us Ferraristi can easily get caught up paying crazy money for that key item we want but I know I'll find something more in the 100 to 150 I guess. Even that's crazy but a crazy I can wear :):eek:

5. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    BTW, at current prices, I imagine you could have a plain one repainted and stenciled for a lot less.

6. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Haaa for sure I would if I could find the same smooth finished aluminium torch. Looks like the style was for Ferrari only and you cant find the same style in a plain torch anywhere that I have looked. A shame someone hasn't done a decent repo then all these GBP 500 jobs could put it where the sun don't shine. Would fit nicely I imagine :p

7. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Someone took a Maglite and turned down the body to remove the knurl and then painted and applied the black Ferrari lettering. Looked pretty good. Unfortunately, I can't find the thread.

8. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    I don't blame them considering the coin some of these people are asking for these things.

9. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Fyi, you can buy a current Ferrari branded maglite for arlubd $20. It us black and LED, and may not fit in the recesses designed for the former version. But it is an authentic Ferrari light.

10. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    Andrew Gaal: See my post (#26) under the thread "What is the correct Ferrari flashlight"

I think this is the post Tony (338Lapua) was referencing.

11. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
    Do you have a part number for that?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

12. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I do not, but Eurospares originally quoted me $85. Ricambi might have them too. They are black with "Ferrari Maranello Classic Parts" etched on it.

Attached Files:

• FMC.jpg
      FMC.jpg
      File size:
      19.4 KB
      Views:
  13. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

^ We do not, and would not sell those.

14. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    I doubt if thats an original Ferrari product unless its some sort of marketing item. Certainly not fir a car tool case!

Sent from my SM-N915G using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I'd buy the $12 silver one at Ace Hardware before I'd buy that black one.

f355spider likes this.
  16. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    Hey andy,
    U got ur car yet??

17. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
  18. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
    Try Algar Ferrari in Philedelphia. I was on their parts site today and it lists in stock don't remember the exact price but it was close to $150 for OEM. I navigated through the parts diagram and it was under manuals or/accessories ( but please don't hold me to it). It's there and was listed in red ( current stock). Good luck.

19. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Thanks very much to all your help. Havecsecured a light in mint condition for a reasobable price.

Sent from my SM-N915G using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. Ninzi

Ninzi Karting

Jan 11, 2018
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Robert O'Malley
  21. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Just curious where you found it and what you consider a reasonable price. Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

22. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    Got it from the UK. Its in perfect condition fully functional. Paid GBP 90 inc shipping to Oz ! Still exi for a Mag Lite but bearable considering what it is !

Bob in Makiki likes this.
  23. Kralcster

Kralcster Rookie

Feb 6, 2018
    Greenwich CT
    Full Name:
    Chris Clark
    Anyone know how to open one of these mag life's to change batteries?

24. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Usually the tail cap unscrews. Beware...since these are stored for years and never used, it is best NOT to put batteries in them, as you risk them leaking years later. OR, install the Eveready lithium AA batteries, which will not leak, by their specific chemistry. Regardless of battery manufacturer claims, all alkaline batteries can possibly leak. (said by this former Duracell sales rep ;) )

Kralcster and Bob in Makiki like this.
  25. Reddesire348

Oct 10, 2017
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew Gaal
    The back unscrews although being an aluminium thread with a rubber 'O' ring for sealing it may be quite tight initially so use caution the first time.
    Then the thing simply turns on and off with a twist of the top housing holding the globe assembly.

Kralcster likes this.