looking for a made-up 2V 308 head removal tool & local machine shop | FerrariChat

looking for a made-up 2V 308 head removal tool & local machine shop

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Jet Lag, Sep 19, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jet Lag

Jet Lag Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Robert Bangs
    I had to pull the engine on my 1979 308 GTS because the rear cam belt drive pulley bearing is toast with so much play in the shaft that the inner bearing is more than likely toast as well. Since I've got the engine out, I may as well replace the sodium exhaust valves with stainless steel valves, and possibly work on the cylinders. The heads are as stuck on as you would expect of a 40 year old engine that has never been apart before. Does anyone have a made-up head removal tool for a 2V 308 that you are willing to lend, rent, or sell?

Also, my first choice for a machine shop in Seattle (Action on Aurora) is too busy with their regular jobs to risk working on an exotic, so does anyone in the PNW know of a good machine shop to do the valves (and maybe block work if necessary)? Any leads will be much appreciated.

2. flaviaman

flaviaman Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Vernonia, OR
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Re Machine Shop: Autosport in Ballard. Excellent work and John owns a couple of Ferrari’s himself. Last time I was there he had a 246 motor, an older 12 and a transaxle from a Lancia Aurelia. Be prepared to wait however....

kiesan likes this.
  3. Jet Lag

Jet Lag Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Robert Bangs
    Thanks for the tip! I'll check them out.

4. 330gt

330gt Formula 3

Nov 12, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Kerry Chesbro
    My 330 GT front hubs are at Autosport now for rotor grinding and new bearings.