Looking for Assistance Assembling a Collection of Model Cars | FerrariChat

Looking for Assistance Assembling a Collection of Model Cars

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Cobraownr, Apr 3, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cobraownr

Cobraownr Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 6, 2008
    Edgewater, MD
    Full Name:
    Donald Silawsky
    I have been privileged with great amounts of dumb luck over five decades of being a gearhead to have owned many cars that became collectors, and in some cases icons: 289 and 427 Cobras, Ford GT40, Porsche 930 and 959, BMW 3.0 CSL Alpina B2S, Mercedes SLR McLaren Roadster, seven Ferraris (246 GTS Dino Spider, 365 GTB/4 Daytona Coupe, 365 GT4 Berlinetta Boxer, four others), many Mercedes, AMGs and custom RENNTechs, others. I would like to assemble a collection of models of many of these cars but am not into the hobby. I also totally lack the dexterity and visual acuity needed to modify out-of-the-box models to match what I actually owned.

I am looking for assistance to assemble this collection of 20-25 models. I already have a few models in 1:18 scale and would like to stay with that scale unless talked out of it. I would pay for time spent in procuring models and modifying those that can't be found in stock form to match what I want. That would involve repainting a model and, in at least one case, surgery to turn a coupe into a roadster (I owned a 2005 Ford GTX1).

Also, I have about 40 1:18 models, mostly Exoto Cobras, GT40s, and Porsche 959s that I purchased 10-15 years ago. Almost all have remained untouched in their original unopened boxes. Some may no longer be available from their manufacturers. These would be available to barter for the assistance I am looking for or sell outright.

Anyone interested in this project, please send me a PM for a preliminary chat. We can then switch to email should we decide to proceed.

Thank you.

2. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
  3. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006