488 - Looking to be a enabled | Page 2 | FerrariChat

488 Looking to be a enabled

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Morgan72301, Nov 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    .....where, instead of being served by a barista, you end up serving a dominatrix! :eek:

plastique999 and tomc like this.
  2. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    I must’ve picked pretty well, but to be fair, was well into sports cars before I met my wife. She’s always supported me 100%, and has grown shockingly fond of Ferraris and Lamborghinis. She loves the Aventador, and the other night when out for dinner, one drove by, dumping gears as it rolled by. She was facing away from the car and never saw it, but said “listen to that Aventador snorting like a bull”.

It about floored me.

3. Napoli

Napoli Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    NOYB, Ray!
    Her boyfriend drives an Aventador. :p

IloveGT likes this.
  4. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    I hardly ever drive my Pista as I am just so busy at the moment.

The joy I get from driving the car is amazing, however this is not the only joy.

I actually love looking at it in my garage.

I personally think that the Pista is a work of art. As was the f12tdf and 458 Speciale.

Not bad angle! This makes the purchase even more rewarding!

May the Horse be with you

5. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    ok. you now retained you status of "da cool dude on Fchat."

6. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    I’m In!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. v35

v35 Karting

May 15, 2013
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Get the car, wrap the whole thing in clear bra so you don’t have to worry about people touching and leaning for pics and don’t ever valet. If it’s a joint without self parking take the daily beater, Ferrari stays home.

8. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Neither the Speciale or the Pista are super track cars and both can be comfortably driven on the street. I would consider them more track focused but they are not overly harsh to drive. For me the non track focused cars are too soft as a sports car and would not entertain it but that a personal thing.

9. JonnySK

JonnySK Karting

Jun 28, 2020
    대한민국
    Full Name:
    Jonny
    3 years ago, my girlfriend (now wife) thought a Maserati Granturismo looked the same as a Kia K7. She can now name every car on the road and tell a Maybach from an S-Class at 50 paces. On the flipside, her dream car has gone from "Anything really, I'm not bothered" to a Jag F-Type. That's cool, I can live with that. A G-Wagon or Bentayga, not so much.

OP - I say pull the trigger, be cautious where you park it, and ultimately accept that nothing used stays perfect, whether caused by wear & tear, negligence, or malice. The day I picked up my first Ferrari (around 5 months ago), I drove it 350km back home and stopped at a rest point for an hour or so. I got back to see a chip in the passenger door - some kid probably flung the door of his Dad's Hyundai open a little too enthusiastically, and boom. Hoping the PPF did its job, but ultimately sh*t happens. No regrets.

It's harder to accept if it's intentional, and I admit I wouldn't bother with an exotic in my native London - too many little sh*ts out to prove how tough they are (by defacing a parked car? Ok...) and zero consequences for them. I lived in a lot of places and thought very hard about where to buy my first exotic - and, to an extent, based my entire living arrangements around where in the world is best for Ferrari ownership.

Now that's commitment. I should get an allocation for that. Right..?

Napoli likes this.