Looking to buy FF (UK) | FerrariChat

Looking to buy FF (UK)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Gmoney7, Jan 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gmoney7

Gmoney7 Rookie

Dec 26, 2021
    Essex
    Full Name:
    Gareth
    Looking to get into my first Ferrari and am convinced the FF will be a good idea, particularly so I can include the family in my V12 desire!

Can’t seem to find anything decent out there at the moment so if anybody is looking to sell, or knows somebody who is, please let me know.

Ideal spec would include:
    Panoramic roof
    Lift
    Parking camera(s)
    Lowish mileage

Many thanks!

2. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Maranello sales have a 14 reg in stock, has everything you want bar " Lift " facility. Only 12k miles, but £135K.
    Up the miles to 42,000 and the price drops to £110K at VMG Preston.
    The 12 reg , 25k miles ,at VVS looks nice has everything you want except pan roof, £110K.
    Nice FF at Boss Motor Company, 15 reg to boot, 20k miles at £132K.
    The one at GVE London fits all your wish list, a bit up on miles, but a 15reg at £120K???

3. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Low mileage 2012 (12k miles ) example at Meridian Modena Lyndhurst, special colour white, lots of carbon in the interior, priced at £130K.

4. Autodetailing

Autodetailing Karting

Oct 5, 2021
    Full Name:
    John
    Maranello sales at Egham have a new FF just in. Its got everything you are asking for my friend. 2016 reg, 8k Miles, priced at £150K.

5. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    Did you manage to find anything? There are checklists on here to use when viewing the car and getting some sort of power warranty from the dealer when buying does give you piece of mind. Get the full history as well. People tell you all sorts of stories and speaking to the service staff at Ferrari they’re happy to chat if you have the VIN about car history.

6. Oitbc

Oitbc Rookie

Mar 25, 2021
    Full Name:
    Phil Thomas
    Oh and this is a personal view. Don’t be put off by a new owner every year or two. People tend to buy and then trade up. As long as it’s got an official service history then it’s all good.

7. Carl A

Carl A Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 11, 2021
    Surrey U.K.
    Full Name:
    Carl Abernethy
    #7 Carl A, Feb 23, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2022
    vraa likes this.
  8. allandwf

allandwf Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2011
    Scotland UK
    Painful reading and an eye opener. I hope they go in with their eyes open!

Carl A and vraa like this.
  9. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Carl A likes this.
  10. Carl A

Carl A Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 11, 2021
    Surrey U.K.
    Full Name:
    Carl Abernethy
    If you want a no hassle experience, I suspect you are going to have to pay the premium for it. I'm not saying this is you so please don't take offence, but.....

A lot of people are buying £300k+/New cars for £70-90k and finding they have a lot of hidden problems, soon find themselves in **** street financially. Of course they do, you are buying/looking at the least cared for/highest mileage cars.

There was also the recent postings from JayM. The FF he talks about at length for clickbait, the reality is that that particular car was the press release model (mullered by topgear, harry, chris harris etc..) that everyone saw ploughing through the snow. He didn't mention that of course. The buyer was very naive and over-run with emotions to get into their first/dream Ferrari.

Good luck, any advice I can give, please ping me.

All I can tell you is that the car and service I got from JM was and still is first class. I suspect I paid a premium of about 15% but got a Power warranty thrown in and a car like new that I trust (well so far anyway).

Bas likes this.
  11. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
  12. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Not sure I entirely agree with you. Althougb the FNE press cars were subject to some abuse they were thoroughly checked over by FNE - not by a dealer - after each escapade. So they were probably the most pampered cars out there.

13. Carl A

Carl A Formula Junior
    BANNED

Feb 11, 2021
    Surrey U.K.
    Full Name:
    Carl Abernethy
    Fair enough. We don't have to agree.

Do you know miles that car had on it when the poor chap that originally bought it did so?

I have a feeling, it was what I would consider, very high for this type of car.

Firstly I shouldn't have used the words Very naive, so sorry to the buyer I've been a bit too choppy recently, all calm now. Coltrane fixed me.

He probably had a sh[t experience from start to finish. Like our friend did on this forum. I am trying to avoid a third and spread some knowledge, even if it's a bit fruity.

In the end, legal matter aside, I hope we find out the truth of that car in all it's glory.

14. IDKFA

IDKFA Karting

Mar 19, 2018
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    RUNDLL
    Don't be too hung up on lift. I've only ever used mine once in over a year and plenty of miles. That single use was after 6 months of ownership when I thought I should probably test to see if it works!