Looking to park a 550 beside my 328 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Looking to park a 550 beside my 328

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Jroe550, Mar 24, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  2. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    Jroe550 likes this.
  3. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    When you pull the 550 to redline in 5th at 275 kph. and you feel the surge of the forward throwing G-Force as a result of the immense wind resistance (drag) at that speed and engage 6th gear and the car once again catapult you forward with THE SAME FORCE as in 5th, and it accellerate fast past the 300 mark and continued to 325 kph., I can ensure you that your old cars will be a memory of you childhood. You have the Autobahns and twisty mountain roads almost outside your door step. Make sure to have some fun before it will be impossible forever with future restrictions.

Jürgen Geisler likes this.
  4. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You are right that there are numbers that car can deliver that my old timers can’t even come close to. If it was just about the performance I probably would’ve never settled for my other cars.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F456M likes this.
  5. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Well I inspected and took one of the cars out that I’m looking at yesterday.
    Was impressed with the handling, performance as I expected. It does feel logically a lot bigger then both my cars. But I’m in love with the design. The colour really is unique too.

I’m pretty sure I’d have to upgrade the exhaust eventually.

It’s very “Brav” as the Austrians would say. Then again it’s a subtle, timeless colour and perhaps that’s a good thing. It definitely suits the lines well. Looks extremely elegant and doesn’t scream look at me. Unless you know what you’re looking at.

The asr light came on while driving. I will have my 328 mechanic inspect it next.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso likes this.
  6. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    Great looking interior & very nice color combination…..

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Grigio Titanio with a Bordeaux interior is a great Maranello combination. I would say Titanio is the premier Maranello color. That is why you see Maranellos that color in movies. Pretty and classy.

Jroe550 likes this.
  8. Il Tifoso

Il Tifoso Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2013
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ruben
    Wonderful car - that interior color combo is really stunning! Hope it all checks out and you can close the deal!

Good luck,

Ruben

9. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Thanks Ruben
    I really was pleasantly surprised by how great the interior colour was too. It was a well spec’d car.
    Let’s see how it checks out

F456M likes this.
  10. 4zaJim

4zaJim Formula Junior

May 15, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I have a 308 and a 550. I love them both. They are very different, as prior responses have covered, but do share one commonality-I was surprised to discover that one can hear that wonderful drivetrain whine on the 550. Perhaps not as prominent as the 308, but it’s there. I’ve driven 3 550’s including our own, and they are just amazing cars.

F456M and Jroe550 like this.
  11. F456M

F456M F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2010
    Oslo
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I have only experienced ASR in the display if the wheels skid or the ASR button has been pressed down (spring loaded button, so it returns to standard position after you pressed it down). That is to turn off the traction control. Then it can burn some rubber and in some conditions make the car potentially dangerous. Almost 500 horses is alot when out of control... The interior looks superb! Classy like an old Mercedes SL or something like that... Titanio is also great and «camouflage» some dust and dirt much better than for example solid black. Good luck and let us know if you buy one. The driving experience is really unique. It is a car that you become one with very easily. Everybody loves them!!

12. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I did notice that the colour hid some dust and dirt that was on the car. A pleasant surprise vs how my black 911 shows all.
    I am really linking the Bordeaux colour interior too.
    Monday my Ferrari mechanic will go look at it. Then we know where things are at.
    Fingers crossed.

Il Tifoso likes this.
  13. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Well, I made the down payment on the 550 today that I shared pics of recently.

So I have a nice garage mate for the 328.
    Sadly, I let the 964 go today too. That sold really fast. Was sad seeing the new owner drive away...but I’m ok with it.

Now I can’t wait to take delivery on the Maranello. The dealer is having a couple things dealt with for me first and then I will get it after I return from holidays around May 15th.

But first I get to enjoy the 328 as of the 1st of May...
    Look forward to learning more about the 550 with fellow owners like yourselves.

Incidentally, anyone in the Austria area?
    Cheers
    Jason

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. haroonok

haroonok Formula 3

Sep 5, 2007
    england
    Full Name:
    haroon
    Congratulations!
    You will love the 550.

15. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  16. Canuck550

Canuck550 Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2015
    Incognito
    Full Name:
    RJA
    Congratulations and welcome to the club
    Ron from Canada

17. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  18. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  19. Robb

Robb Moderator
    Moderator Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Robb
    Congratulations on the great combo.

Who would not want an 8 and 12 in the same garage?

Robb

20. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
  21. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Congratulations on your new acquisition. I am sure you will enjoy it immensely.

Sorry to hear the 964 has gone - I have had mine for almost 18 years and parting with it would be like losing a limb!

There is a lot to be said for the 550 + early mid-engine Ferrari combo. I certainly enjoy mine: best of both worlds!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Patrik550 and Red575 like this.
  22. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That’s a great looking combo! You have a fantastic contrast there to enjoy.
    It was definitely hard letting the 964 go, but I’m thinking never say never. May have to get a more rare version again in the collection.
    Till then, I’m excited to experience the difference 4 cylinders makes.
    Cheers
    Jason

23. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Thankyou, Jason. Yes, I am a very happy bunny! :)

I am sure you will love the 550. It will certainly be a complete contrast to the 328 and the 964. The seemingly effortless torque of the 550's engine is truly amazing and it really is a very relaxed, user friendly car.

Have you seen this video (posted in another thread):

Harry has more 550 ownership miles than many of us, and more variety of high performance car experience than most.

24. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Oh I Know Harry well. I’ve followed him since he started and back when he was editor of EVO. He was mostly responsible for convincing me this was the way to go.
    Truth be told, I could have opted for the Testarossa after his review but sanity got the better of me..

25. Jroe550

Jroe550 Karting

Sep 10, 2015
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I’m close to having my 550 come home to it’s new garage!

Waiting for our Austrian Certificate of Conformity paper to come early this week from Ferrari, then it’s released for the road and I’ll bring it home from my mechanic when I drop off the 328 for service. He’s using it as a display it seems.

Today a good friend gave me his Fuchs boxes as he’s not using them since he certified his 550. That takes care of the sound issue or lack there of.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Il Tifoso and haroonok like this.