Looking to reproduce Dino Door Pockets | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Looking to reproduce Dino Door Pockets

Discussion in '206/246' started by rosemeyer, Nov 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    #251 GermanDino, Aug 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    the question came up if the reeded part at the top of the door pocket was original 2cm or just 1,5cm wide, or both options have been original. I just saw 2cm original ones so far...
    Has anybody seen 1,5cm original ones?
    (picture taken from this thread and modified)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

two weeks ago I received the new M-series / early E-series door pockets without the middle fixing plate with correct 2cm reeded part from Rocky ....
    I will put them on my Ecurie Francorchamps Dino #01266....
    they look perfect... thanks Rocky....

Rorky likes this.
  3. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    Rorky not rocky...... @ O’ Rourke Coachtrimmers :cool:

Rorky likes this.
  4. VicJano

VicJano Karting

Dec 17, 2011
    Kingston upon Thames
    Full Name:
    Chris O'Connor
    Hi
    Hi Paul,

I'll be up for a set.
    As a matter of interest Moto Techniqe in the UK were offering exact copies about a year ago. I'm not sure if they are still available.

Chris

5. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    I seem to be having an episode of deja vu. Chris did you not make this exact same request last year to a now approaching 8 year old post only to be told in no uncertain terms that the project was abandoned ages ago? In addition recent posts in this thread show a number of other options including the wonderful reproductions made in the UK by O'Rourke Coach Trimmers that are readily available.

6. docbell

docbell Formula Junior

Oct 11, 2012
    Erie, PA
  7. mccand

mccand Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Greg McCandless
    Dusting off this old thread.. which was very helpful in my putting trim back on my formerly trim-less door pockets! I did what others did, buying half-round 8 gauge nickel-silver (I happened to get it here): https://www.creatingunkamen.com/products/half-round-nickel-silver-wire-you-pick-gauge-6-8-10-18?variant=32915543294061

Then I provided a carefully made sketch to a local laser cutter shop and had some center clasps made in stainless steel. My sketch included a slight chamfer on the corners, as it appears to me the originals were like that. I also mimicked the width based on various photos. It all worked great (see photos). If anyone is interested in the clips, I have 12 extras (I am keeping a handful because, well, who knows..!) I had to pay a healthy set-up fee for the lot, and so I would be happy to provide them to anyone interested for $20 each clip (which would barely recoup my cost, with my labor free!), and I'll mail them in a regular envelope. Please reply below if you are interested, and we can work out the details. I have no idea if anyone will want these, but in the off chance demand is greater than supply, I will operate on a first come first serve basis!

Cheers,
    -Greg

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

swift53 likes this.
  8. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Hello Greg,
    Lovely work. You best list them in the 'for sale' section or you might get some coal for New Year :)
    Regards, Alberto

9. mccand

mccand Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 17, 2020
    San Jose
    Full Name:
    Greg McCandless
    Thanks Alberto, and whoops- sorry I missed that part of Ferrarichat etiquette! I will look into posting something in the 'for sale' section.. I guess for those interested, please ignore the above. I'll figure out the for sale thing. Apologies, and happy new year all!

Jamie H and swift53 like this.