Loosing my NASCAR virginity this weekend | FerrariChat

Loosing my NASCAR virginity this weekend

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by writerguy, Apr 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #1 writerguy, Apr 1, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Just remember to not spit on the TV person, mumble a lot, and scratch your, uh, your, private parts every chance you get, and you'll do fine.

Or, am I thinking about baseball players...

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    trying to say "boogity Boogity Boogity" with out cracking up

4. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    Yep, same here. I went to my first ever NASCAR race at Bristol this last weekend. Of the various things that separate it from Formula 1, one of the auditory ones is that they run about half as many RPMs, so it is a lower frequency sound, but still astoundingly loud (which I love!).
    At Bristol, it is a huge "cereal bowl" that takes only about 15 sec to make a circuit, since it is only .533 miles. That makes it easy to see the whole track from any of the 160,000 seats.
    Also, there is a lot more intentional contact between the cars, which is a departure from Formula 1, except for JPM, of course.
    The driving skills are certainly of a different format between the 2 kinds of racing.
    At Formula 1 races I've attended, about half of the folks wore something related to the team or driver they support. At Bristol, it was unusual to see anyone without both a shirt & hat with their driver's number & logo boldly shown. There was only one other Ferrari hat besides mine in the part of the crowd that I saw.
    All in all, it is a fun experience, too. However, nothing compares to seeing our Ferraris win races!!
    Just my .02