Los Angeles Lock Down | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Los Angeles Lock Down

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by Condor Man, Mar 21, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    I went to Cross Creek shopping Center in Malibu, near Starbucks, ;last Sunday (yesterday). This was not an organized event. But I saw about 50 cars and owners including
    -short wheelbase 250GT
    -250GT roadster with hardtop

that Ferrari wagon(FF?)
    several late model V8 powered ones
    20-30 Porches from round taillight 356s up to very latest
    this started bout 7:30 am, probably broke up before noon
    Meanwhile down I Los Angeles some stores were still boarded up

2. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    First sunday in June I went to Cross Creek shopping center about 500 ft. north of Malibu Pier. There weere bout 30 collector cars informally gathered (no sponsor, no organizer) only two food sources open but one serving full breakfasts. Cars included old 250GT cabrolet, short wheelbase, McLaren, Pagani and dozens of modern Ferraris including an FF wagon (can I call it that?a ). I got there at 7:30 am but still going strong at 10:30. I know "Fireball Tim" contracts to have a show twice a month in this area but I don't think he controls the whole parking lot. Anyway it shows the weather is good, the highway that time of the day is open (but traffic builds all day) and people with sports cars are gona get out.

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    This is the spirit of the original Crystal Cove; a couple guys start meeting up, the next thing you know you have a meet.

4. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    I'm gonna hit up the Malibu one one of these weekends, maybe I'll drive by this weekend to see if people are meeting. I used to really like SCS since it was a bunch of car guys and once a month you'd get a slightly bigger crowd but mostly the same car guys. Now it's everyone with their phone out taking pics, videos and "instagramming". It annoys me and if I go too often I need a break. Sunset GT is the worst from what I've personally visited. It's mostly a non stop crowd.

5. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

What did u bet?:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. PCHMOTOHO

PCHMOTOHO Karting

Oct 7, 2006
    Agoura Hills Ca
    The Sheriffs aren’t going to care about it unless it gets about 250 strong. Even if the happens they will just have a presence there to hopefully keep the kids from acting stupid.

7. flat_plane_eddie

flat_plane_eddie F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2013
    NE FL
    Full Name:
    Eddie
    We never really had a lockdown here with police enforcing and asking why you’re out. There was a curfew during some of the protest days but nothing COVID related.

8. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

In that case nobody had a lockdown then... LA has been mostly closed for 2 months ; can’t do a European type lockdown in such a big city

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk