Lost 16lbs in the past month | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lost 16lbs in the past month

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by REMIX, Nov 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Thanksgiving was pretty easy...I just don't eat that much anymore. I had 2 slices of pie and that was the only thing off my diet. I passed on mashed potatoes, bread, cranberries, etc. Wasn't hard.

Thanks for the encouragement!

RMX

2. CAS

CAS F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Hey RMX - is your Test therapy oral or injectable?

3. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Of course. :) You have to let loose sometimes, otherwise all the work isn't worth it. I have two slices of apple pie waiting for me in the fridge. I'm waiting till it really sounds good. Probably tomorrow.

While I don't need to lose weight (really trying gain), I eat a high protein diet. It makes me happy to see people who are trying to make a positive change in their life. I hear all day everyday at work people claiming they're going to quit smoking and/or start eating right. Of course they don't though. Then I get all these sarcastic comments because I'm eating chicken everyday and vegetables and fruits. It starts to tick me off, but on the inside I laugh. I feel and look better than them.

4. REMIX

It's topical. http://www.testim.com/

Few cons: you need to leave it on for about 10 minutes before putting a shirt on or else it's sticky. Also, keep your woman far away from it...she'll grow a mustache. No, really, it could happen.

RMX

5. REMIX

I quit smoking last October (2006). Now THAT was hard. Still is.

I guess I'm healthier now - I just have other things that have manifested itself in the meantime (i.e., low test, weight gain, wisdom tooth, etc).

I'm working on fixing things slowly but surely.

RMX

6. CApg4

CApg4 Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2007
    California
    Full Name:
    Curtis
    do you have before and after pictures? :D

7. REMIX

201 as of today. 199 will be here pretty soon.

Looks like I'm right around 9lbs since one month ago when I started this thread and that's WITH adding significant muscle mass. In consideration of that, my guess is my REAL weight loss would be greater if I weren't lifting weights. Lots of people, particularly women, are telling me I look really good. I was at an office Xmas party last night dressed down in a t-shirt and jeans and got a ton of compliments. Some people claimed they didn't recognize me (always in a jacket and tie @ work).

RMX

8. REMIX

I will post them when I lose a few more.

RMX

9. phdev

phdev Formula Junior

Dec 26, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Ian Mason
    I eat in a similar way and am having similar results. Congrats on getting more definition. I thought I'd NEVER get it!

10. sdtradingguy

sdtradingguy Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I'd read more about "test" if I was you. It's a very quick fix, but lots of people have problems with it in the long run. Your body becomes reliant on it. Go over to some body building forums and ask some questions... They know the stuff better then most Docs IMO. Really glad to hear about your weight loss though. Nothing beats being a lean, mean, fighting machine!

11. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    I never shed light on this thread before but in the past 2 months I went from 185 with some muscle down to 170 with all muscle (6'0"). I ate a real track diet, 3 meals, 3 snacks daily. Training is just tennis a couple times a week, it surprised me as I didn't check in between and couldn't tell during.

12. REMIX

Thanks...been on my mind since a few docs here mentioned it. I did spend a bit of time on Men's Health and some of the other BB forums before I began taking it. I have a dr. checkup 2nd week of January and you can trust I will have some questions.

As far as diet, I fall off now and again. I got roaring drunk Friday night (never do that) and ate a bunch of crap (fast food) yesterday when I had the Hangover of the Year. I had a root beer and I swear it tasted like pancake syrup...I'm not used to the sugar. I poured half of it down the drain.

I eat when I get hungry for the most part. One of the things I relied on - a handful of nuts - I'm unable to eat right now because I had a wisdom tooth removed. I eat nuts when I get a little hungry and that takes care of the problem + they're so good for you.

What I have modified in my diet is the amount of fat I'm taking in. 185-190 lbs and I will go back to having occasional bread, pasta, etc.

One of the bad side effects is how it makes your wardrobe totally obsolete. I bet I've bought $3,000 worth of dress shirts during the past 12 months and at least half that much on dress slacks. NONE of them fit right anymore and I am loathe to re-buy all that stuff.

RMX

13. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Yeah, and they're scary. It looks like two different people, no joke.

I've lost a bunch of weight again recently and I'm really, really happy and excited about my results, but not quite finished just yet... :D

14. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Lets have a round of applause for the used-to-be-fat people!

I may have you all beat.... I lost 125lbs! Not just recently but I do yo-yo from 210 to 235 or so. A few years ago I was 335. I am a big build guy (6'3" and large frame) so for me, 210lbs is very lean, 240 is "normal" and 260+ I am porky.

I originally used to lose it low-carbing which still works well, but you simply must take up a sport. I go to the gym twice a week usually for weight lifting, but I also bicycle about 5-10 miles a day. I am a believer that you need to identify WHY you got fat and solve that problem or you will go right back in time.

For me, my problem was three fold. First was love of sugar. Second was I ate too fast, so I was pig-stuffed before I realized it. Third was I used to eat constantly - as soon as I was slightly hungry I'd eat.

I gave up sugar. I dont drink diet soda nor put sugar on any food and I avoid highly sugared food (ice cream and cakes). Yep it sucks but I have an addiction and just like an alcoholic shouldn't have just a few drinks, I avoid having a few sugary things. Because I almost never eat sugar, when I DO eat it, its almost too sugary for me, and I feel like I shouldn't be eating it, so its a natural way to avoid eating it

Second I always took half of what I wanted to take to eat. If I was at a restaurant and wanted an appetizer plus the 1/2lb burger meal, I would skip the appetier and get a normal burger and fries instead. I used to have some sort of fear of running out of food... now I realize I can just get more later if need be.

Third, I limited myself to three meals a day. If I feel I must eat between I will have a slice of cheese or some nuts. I know some people suggest 5 or 6 small meals but it doesnt work for me, never has.

So by doing the above I have been able to be slim for quite a while now. When I tell people I used to be 125lbs more than I am now, they are in disbelief. I am too. I have some of those old clothes... I wasnt grotesquely huge but I was really big and I licked that problem....and I know how hard it is.

Congrats to all of you doing the same!

15. true

true Karting

Jun 5, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Wondering why you listed diet soda?

Obviously no sugar -- maybe the theory that consuming artificial sweeteners make you crave sugar products?

16. Pantera

Pantera F1 Rookie

Nov 6, 2004
    Thats weak sauce.

I Lose over 60+ in the last few months doing nothing. i have no idea whats going but damn its awsome to be alittle lighter.

17. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    All sodas are pretty much crap. I gave them up (without even really noticing) about a year ago and it's nice to be off the fructose syrup train. I'll occasionally have one in a mixed drink but it's extremely rare that I 'pop' one open.

Pantera, you might want to go see someone about that. Seriously.

18. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Same here! People that didn't know me then simply don't believe me...at all.

It was interesting to see the response from society, especially the opposite sex. Ever see those talk shows that put people in a fat suit to see what it's like to be treated like a fatty all day long? That's what it was like for me, but in reverse.

19. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    But don't you agree that you've changed your mentality and way of life along the way? I'm not saying that I have anything against people who are overweight, but you can't deny that it sometimes is due to internal problems manifesting themselves on the outside.

Thanks for the b-day wishes BTW.. :) Turning 30 has been one of the weirder experiences of my life.

20. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If I had known it was your birthday, I would have baked a cake! :)

21. REMIX

I've been drinking Coke Zero on and off. No calories, no sugar, no carbohydrates...wonder what must be in that stuff. LOL.

As far as the sugar, I will add Sweet and Low to my coffee and I get by with that just fine. I have a little sugar here and there, especially in the form of fruits. Lots of apples and grapes here.

RMX

22. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Absolutely. I was such a total uh...witch when I was fat. I was unhappy with myself and felt like I was on the defense all the time. Finding something to wear that fit and looked half decent everyday was a chore. Now that I've lost weight I'm much happier and love buying clothes and picking out something cute to wear. Going out with my friends is more fun too because I'm more confident and actually feel comfortable. :)

You're welcome for the b-day wishes! I feel old, too. I'm going to be 24 on the 27th. :eek:

23. REMIX

Yeah, that's the biggest benefit for me, too.

:D

RMX

24. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Duh - late night brain fade on my behalf... thanks for the correction!

I should have said I dont drink anything BUT diet soda (in terms of soda).

I also like the sugar free lemonade you get at the store, as well as Arizona diet green tea.

25. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    How do you guys think the Corn Syrup compares with Sugar?

I've been told that the body can't process corn syrup as well and it can cause you to gain weight. I buy coke from Mexico, it has sugar in it instead of corn syrup. O buy it because it taste better and doesn't leave that syup coating in my mouth. I'm wondering if it is any better for me. I know I should stop it too.