Lost 16lbs in the past month | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Lost 16lbs in the past month

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by REMIX, Nov 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    A soft drink is nasty way to mess up a nice glass of water IMHO...

2. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    A dietitian once told me that the artificial sweeteners in diet sodas actually slow down your metabolism...so, while they have no calories themselves, they slow down the burning of all calories that you do consume...

3. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    You should find a new dietician!

4. Emil

Emil Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Solihull
    Full Name:
    Emil Ahmed
    i managed to loose a few pounds,i'm currently attempting to loose another 8 pounds,i weigh 11st, 6 pounds currently,20 years old with alot of muscle mass,its just to hard to stop getting something when i'm at home,when i was mega busy two weeks back,i actually came down 3 pounds within the week,but gained them again just like that!!!

need to sory myself out with a proper diet,what else is there as an alternative to roost chicked or meat?

5. otaku

otaku Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Boise,Idaho
    Full Name:
    Josh
    surprisingly I've shaved off some weight and a few pants sizes lately as well (I blame the new girlfriend for making me so miserable I can't eat or sleep) I'm looking better (except for my face I think people can tell I'm miserable lately)

6. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I hate you!!! J/K

I came to the conclusion that the only way I'd get back to my "fighting" weight was to get back onto my elliptical trainer. I am 6'-2", and weigh about 217lbs. I'd like to get to 200, or less. So I've being doing it 4 - 5 times per week, for a half hour at 85% of my maximum heart rate. Guess what? No freaking weight loss. I have no desire to go on some kind of extreme diet, as I don't really eat much crap at all. However, I am results-driven, so if I don't see something soon, it will most definitely discourage me.

I have done the no-carbs diet on 3 different occasions. The first time worked very well, the 2nd time, not as well, and then the 3rd time showed almost no results, as if my body became immune to it.

When I don't diet or exercise at all, my weight stays pretty consistent. Maybe I should just go back to that?!?!?!

7. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Same here...I blame (and thank) the ex for my appearance. ;)

I've lost a ton of weight. I wasn't eating for a while, then I started dieting, drinking water, hitting the gym like a psycho, and got a tanning membership. Give me another month... :evil grin:

8. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Just lookout for the type of sugars and carbs you're consuming. No processed sugars - at least in serious moderation and stay away from the breads, pastas, etc. Again, everything in moderation. Eating complex carbs and natural sugars will help. Gatorade, Redbull and all that junk are made with processed sugar, too, so keep that in mind! I get carbs in my diet, but only certain kinds.

Remember: HIGH FRUCTOSE CORN SYRUP = BAAAD

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/List_of_Good_Carbs_and_Bad_Carbs

RMX

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    You're doing everything right, except for the Fake 'N Bake.

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    HOORAY FOR HRT!

I personally hate topical, I had to deal with injectables through an 18ga pin, but got used to it. Lasted longer, fewer applications. What is your PCT?
    PCT baby. Clomid FTW! lol

11. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Yes, but my Casper-esque glow frightens people. :D

12. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    LMAO! You already have a halloween costume then. :D

13. JLP

JLP Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Bay Area, Ca

Actually when you lift weights and add muscle your helping your body burn more calories.........while muscle does weigh more than fat which would you rather have? Calorie burning muscle or fat?

Forget about your "weight" and focus on your percentage of body fat, it is a much better indicator of your progess plus I know a few people who are skinny but completely out of shape, they are called "skinny fat".

14. REMIX

199 today.

Getting good and lean with good, evolving muscle definition, and none of my pants/jeans/slacks fit anymore.

:)

Back to my early 2003 weight now.

RMX

15. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Yay!! Congrats!

My old clothes are fitting again, too. I'm so excited. :D

16. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    #66 GrigioGuy, Dec 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My turn.

Orange shirt, April 07, ~285 lbs and a 48" pant (and what, another 4-5 inches of overhang? sheesh!)
    White shirt, Oct 07, ~195 lbs and a 36" pant

Serious weight training, eating the right stuff, and surgically enhanced portion control seem to be working for me. I still have 30 lbs or so to lose, just kinda been holding through the holidays.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. REMIX

That looks like 2 different people! Great job!

RMX

18. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Agreed...and very brave of him to post a "before" picture. I'm too chicken. :eek:

19. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    90lbs and 12 pant sizes in 6 months? Wow, that's pretty incredible. What exactly do you mean by "surgically enhanced portion control"?

20. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    And you live in Florida? Get out there and soak up some sun!

21. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Lap Band

22. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Correct. I'm very impressed by Stephanie's and Remix's losses, I could never do it that way and keep it off. I have previously lost and regained hundreds of pounds over my lifetime with WW, Atkins, liquid diets and all that stuff.

The band is a useful tool, but can be defeated if one tries or if one is irresponsible with their intake control. A bigger part of the process so far is getting a personal trainer and spending time moving metal.

23. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Thank you! I hope that you can keep the weight off this time because (not to say that you're old), but the older you get, the harder it is to lose it. I, myself, am guilty of fluctuating a bit. I'm determined to keep it off for good this time!! :D

24. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I think all of you are doing great - my new year's resolution for about the past 6 years has always been along the lines of getting toned, defined muscles and I've never managed it yet...

I've never been through a weight loss, so can't speak from personal experience, however a friend of mine used to experience LOTS of weight fluctuations - she always managed to reach her goal weight, then lost her focus and soon put the weight back on again. She then bought a book by Paul McKenna called 'I can make you thin' and has maintained her weight at her chosen level for about 2 years now. Basically she said that most diets/diet books attack the weight, whereas this one works on your mindset and beliefs enabling you to maintain your weight more easily. As I say - I've no personal experience but it certainly seems to have worked for my friend.

25. bruceski3

bruceski3 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    East TN
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    Congrats on the Weight loss. I hope you get down to your desired Weight and keep it.
    Im on a Wine and Vegetable diet. I've lost 15 lbs and my drivers license in only one week. j/k
    Actually I used to weigh 255 lbs about a year ago but now im maintaining 205-210lbs. I've just cut my portions from alot of food to regular portions. I've just been grilling some Boneless chicken Breasts and eating steamed vegies more often and most importantly "EXERCISE". Im just taking it slow but not a drastic diet. I can't stand pizza anymore which I could sit down and eat a Large Pizza and Chesse Breadsticks with two 20oz Pepsi's all at once.
    If you hate walking , take up Disc Golf as a Sport. You enjoy the outdoors, and get your exercise walking from Hole to hole while playing a fun game.