Lost 16lbs in the past month | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lost 16lbs in the past month

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by REMIX, Nov 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

191 today. The weight loss has slowed down dramatically. Not doing much different. Few things I've noticed, however:

1. My joints hurt less. I used to get up out of my seat and my feet used to HURT like crazy, like the bones were going to break. Pretty much gone now.
    2. My back does not "go out" anymore. Haven't had to visit the chiro for nearly 8 months now. Before, I could pick up a shoe off the floor, or carry groceries in, and it would go out in a painful way.
    3. Sex definitely better, much more physical.
    4. I can wear all my old clothes from a few years back. I'd pretty much given up hope of ever wearing some of that stuff again. Old jeans fit very nicely.
    5. Women like to squeeze my biceps. :)
    6. My work clothes are woefully large - I swim in them.
    7. Seems like I sleep better.

Look pretty decent with my shirt off, fairly cut, still a little flab around the belly, but nothing bad. Arms shoulders and chest as hard as rock from the weight lifting.

Don't miss bread, pasta or any of that stuff. I do miss candy on occasion. I get pizza 2x a month. Diet is still fairly the same as when I started.

Okay, so that's where I am now.

RMX

2. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Welcome to the new and improve Remix. :)

You've reached the plateau, which is why you're not noticing any new weight loss. It's going to take longer to lose the additional weight you would like. This is normal.

But since you've noticed all the pros of being a lot healthier, sticking to your diet and excercise regimine isn't going to be hard.

Congrats and continued success Rmx. Threads like yours and Peters make me happy to see people who have the will-power to change their life around, no matter how hard.:)

3. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
  4. REMIX

188 today.

RMX

5. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i've started going to the gym, actually, just started last week, but honestly, the hardest part for me has been giving up my old lifestyle. it seems like i'll go to the gym, work out, then put the weight right back on later on in the day. but anyways, congratulations remix!

6. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I managed to get down to the high 160s, then relaxed and drifted back up to 174. Going to focus again, even at 167 I still have a LOT of weight to lose.

Congrats to Remix on dropping ~40 since Oct, that's great!

7. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    Not unless you are 4' tall! Or a woman.

no fat chicks

8. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    I haven't been pushing myself, I'm hovering around 177.

9. REMIX

Thanks!!

187 today. 2lbs from goal.

RMX

10. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    YAY!! That's so exciting. Don't eat this weekend and you'll be there by Monday! Hahahaha... :D

11. REMIX

Thanks, Steph. Too late - had some chicken wings today. I feel a little guilty, but will get over it. :)

RMX

12. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Once you get there the hard part begins. Trying to maintain your weight. Hang in there you are doing great, chicken wings and all.

13. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Yikes! Chicken wings are probably the worst thing for you, but if that's your thing it's alright once in a while. I had a piece of ice cream cake for my boss' birthday on Friday and it was SO good. I love cake and ice cream, so, to me, the combination is deadly. :D

I've eaten some junk lately and thought for sure I had put a couple lbs on, but I had actually lost one. YAY! Heading to the gym now... :)

14. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    When I got back from my Houston Christmas trip Jan. 2, I weighed 207. Yesterday, I went below 190 for the first time in what has to be at least a few years. I weighed 220 when we moved here (Hawaii) last July, so total loss is over 30 pounds. 10 pounds to go and we'll see from there...

15. REMIX

These were from Wing House, so yeah, probably bad for me. Yum, though.

I will make baked Buffalo wings once every 2 weeks or so. I just bake them on a tray in the oven, and then toss them in some wing sauce. Skips the frying part and they're 90% as good as what I can get (fried) in a restaurant. The sodium level is kind of high, but it's an acceptable substitute. I love my wings in a big way.

RMX

16. REMIX

GOAL!!!!!!!!!!

184.6 LBS TODAY. That's nearly 43 lbs poof GONE.

Went to buy new blue jeans because NOTHING fits right now. I'm can wear a slim fit 34 waist now. I still opt for a 36 because that's more comfy, though.

I was a 42 waist. That's 8 inches off my waist since October.

Now the hard part - maintaining. Calorie intake will need to increase and get tweaked to keep it where it needs to be.

I love it, though. I look great I think.

Nice to say. Now...if I can only meet those FINANCIAL goals in my life.

Many, many thanks to FChat for the encouragement. FChat has been instrumental in a few major things in my life: my weight loss and me quitting smoking.

Does anyone want to help me hit some financial goals? Like an F Car by this time next year?

RMX

17. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Congratulations!!!

I'm still working on things. I bought a couple pairs of jeans two weeks ago and they didn't fit yet. It was my goal to lose a bit and get into them. I wore them to dinner with friends tonight. Not only that, but I wore them with a cute shirt that finally fits again. Yay! :D

18. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    I tipped this AM at 188 (6' 0") and my goal is 180. That's 45 pounds in 15 months. I think though that 180 may be tough to hit, as these last few pounds are REALLY hard to take off! I walk every day about three miles with the mutt and it felt REALLY good today to get into my 34" shorts for the first time in several years (I knew I saved them for a reason.........Are Angle Flight shorts still in style? :D ).

19. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    Yaaaay!! Congrats, Petey! I'm glad good, ole Zippy is helpin' ya out!! :D

BTW...if you have to ASK if something is still in style, the answer is, "NO!" :p

20. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    'Zippy' has been my driving force. If you own a dog without a big yard,you HAVE TO walk a lot. Good for both of us, as she is getting a bit pudgy and needs to lose 5-7 pounds before seeing the VET in three weeks. A friend of mine told me that "Putting a dog on a diet is the easiest thing a man can do". I think he's right on that one.

21. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Congrats to you all!

22. DarkStar

DarkStar Rookie

Jun 17, 2005
    Inspirational post. Congrats for your accomplishments!!

23. REMIX

181 this morning. Closing in on 50 lbs..

Just an FYI. :)

RMX

24. REMIX

UPDATE:

173.5 lbs as of this morning. Puts my total at a whopping -53.5 lbs. My waist size is -11 inches since October 2007.

Have no idea how much more I will end up losing. Still in the gym every morning at 6am lifting, elliptical...

RMX

25. DarkStar

DarkStar Rookie

Jun 17, 2005
    Wow,that is great. How do you feel (obviously good I'm sure!). What is the biggest physiological change you notice i.e. more energy, better skin, mood, etc...

I'm down 13# since April.