Lost 6 friends in the last three months! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lost 6 friends in the last three months!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by JSL, Feb 23, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RMV

RMV F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Again, great to hear of another positive outcome!

2. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I am very happy for the news you received. Trusting in God and not knowing his will is sometimes hard but He is consistent. Thank you for starting this thread. It helps build my faith when I hear testimonies of others.

I told last night of how Dwight Moody (then a shoe salesman) accepted Christ and how one mans life ( Edward Kimbell) had changed his. Tonight I heard the rest of the story. Years later, after Dwight L Moody became a very successful evangelist a man named Frederick Meyer heard him preach and accepted himself. Wilbur Chapman, a college student heard Meyer and also accepted Christ. Later Wilbur Chapman impacted the life of a professional baseball player, Billy Sunday, who became a very powerful evangelist.

In 1924 Billy Sunday spoke at a crusade in Charlotte, NC, and hundreds came forward. Some of the businessmen who attended the meeting were so encouraged that they arranged for another evangelist, Mordecai Hamm, to come speak. The crusade went well, although not as successful as the Billy Sunday meeting. However, on one of the last nights, a young man named Billy Graham came down the aisle and made his decision. That is the same Billy Graham who has preached to more people than anyone in history-over 210 million people in more than 185 countries and territories.

There is no way to measure the effect your words and actions have on the lives of others. The movie Gladiator contains a great quote which deftly captures this spiritual truth. "What we do in life echoes in eternity". Edward Kimbell was but one person, but his actions literally impact the world!!

Stand on your words and actions JSL. You can never know what an impact it will have.

3. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    You, your friends, and family are in my prayers.. I too have lost many people that were close to me over the years. :(

4. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Geri (who died last week) was my secretary at a large Rotary club. I was the president of that club a few years ago. She was a woman of great faith and often prayed for members (400) regularly. I have been asked to do a tribute/memorial service for her at next weeks meeting, 3/6. The club has dedicated the entire meeting to this memorial. It is going to be a wonderful opportunity to tell my friends and fellow members what Geri was all about. The club is one of the largest in the world and is filled with very successful men and women. Many are considered quite wealthy and many have no faith. Others come from many various faith triditions. Although Rotary is not a religious organization, I'm going to have the opportunity to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ since it was the foundation of Geri as a person. I've had previous opportunities at an even larger scale when I was asked to do a District Memorial Service for about 25 people who had passed away during 2001. Now it is my own club. I pray that God will touch some of the people there with his grace and truth. Normally guys would complain if someone got "too religious" but not on this day. I'm asking for prayer that the memorial is sensitive to diversity while presenting the basis of our hope. I'm asking that it will be taken appropriately and mostly that some, who have no hope, will find faith in the One who loves them more than they can imagine. Thank all for the encouragement and may the Lord bless each of you along with this rather "interesting :)" community.

5. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    SCOTT
    AS KNOWING YOU FOR MANY YEARS, YOUR A MAN OF DIGNITY AND GREAT FAITH, AND I KNOW YOU WILL DELIVER A SUPREME EULOGY FOR YOUR SERVICE

MY SORROWS GO OUT FOR YOUR LOSSES, AND MY HAPPINESS GOES OUT TO YOU FOR YOUR POSITIVE REACTIONS REGARDING YOUR SIS IN LAW

I MYSELF LOST 9 PEOPLE IN 9/11 AS ONE PERSON, I HAD LUNCH WITH ONE PORT AUTHORITY EMPLOYEE THE DAY BEFORE.

MY PRAYERS ALSO GO OUT TO THOSE MENTIONED ON THIS THREAD FOR UPCOMING HEALTH ISSUES AND PROCEDURES...

WE ALL SCREW AROUND ON FCHAT AND LIFE, BUT THIS THREAD IS TRULY SO MEANFULL IN MY HEART .

BRUCE

6. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Every single moment of every day is absolutely and nearly overwhelmingly precious. Thanks for helping remind me to spend 'em with those I love.

Best!
    Ben.

7. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Brother Bruce: Thanks! Coming from you it means a lot! I lost friends to "natural" causes, I don't know how to deal with losing them to some crazy radicals. I'm sorry.

Life truly is a great gift intended to be lived to the fullest. That must include service to our fellow man/woman. Sure gives joy!