Lost all gear oil today, 1991 Testarossa | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Lost all gear oil today, 1991 Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by PA32Pilot, May 9, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    Are you guys going to continue to beat a dead horse? This is frankly none of your business, and has nothing to do with this thread. The OP has already stated that he's a big boy, and accepts the situation for what it is. HIGHLY doubtful Shamile had any idea the car was about to grenade. I have to assume the horse beaters are taking time off from protesting, to post on this thread. Go back to protesting, and let this thread run it's course. Your legal opinions really have no place here.

Rostami6, Nuvolari, turbo-joe and 3 others like this.
  2. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Kindly note that the OP commented on such matters in Post 868. As for your stupid comments about protesting, I suggest YOU shut the hell up.

xplodee likes this.
  3. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Here we go again!

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Note to self, never sell a car or for that matter anything to any of these putzs who think Shamile is liable for anything.

Despicable that this narrative is allowed in this thread. My questions to all the L1 attorneys out there would be: is this a know problem with this model of automobile, was the current owner given the chance to have the car inspected and if so, did the current owner have the diff carrier inspected prior to taking delivery, did the current owner personally pick up the vehicle, why did the carrier take 50 miles as per the current owner to break.

I also understand the current owner is not seeking any financial compensation from Shamile, so why are others looking to chastise him.

Sh;) happens with used cars, especially those which are 30 years old and with know shortcommings.

Nuvolari, JoeTSI and BOKE like this.
  5. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Try looking up the meaning of the word magnanimous, unlikely that's it already in your vocabulary.

6. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Shamile and I have talked in-depth, I do not hold him responsible and I am not interested in him giving me anything to make it right. We made a deal and shook hands like gentlemen and after that whatever happened to the car was my responsibility.

Do I think the differential was broke before I took possession? Yes, I do.
    Do I think Shamile lied about it? No, I do not.
    Do I think Shamile should pay for the repair? No, I do not. I bought a car, **** happens, it's now my responsibility.

My comment wasn't towards Shamile in regards to liability, it was just a general comment.

Let's get this back thread on target so I can figure out the damn clutch and drive the car :)

Rostami6, Nuvolari, willrace and 7 others like this.
  7. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    I'm plugging away at work and I lookup and see 5 responses, AWESOME! Someone has something to try and figure out the clutch.

Nope. Just sitting her like
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

JoeTSI, ChipG and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. versamil

versamil Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2013
    Gaston, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Brian Healy
    "Kindly Note" the grievance squad was discussing how terrible Shamile was in quite a few pages in this 35 page thread. The OP's post at 868 is probably one of ten that this has been discussed. The OP however has ALWAYS had a good attitude. His post of 868 didn't convey he was feeling ripped off, just stating the fact that he's seen court cases on cars.

turbo-joe likes this.
  9. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yes you're right. Is that like when I gave my mint condition headlight bucket, trim ring and some other new pieces to a woman whom I never met last Saturday. She is restoring a Triumph Spitfire and I said wait I have some things for you and gave it to her with a smile and a "happy bday" I know you being so magnanimous would have given her a nice discount. Like I have said I would never buy anything from you or sell anything to you, better yet give you something, you might sue me if it failed.

10. m5shiv

m5shiv Formula 3
    BANNED

Feb 25, 2013
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Shiv
    Twaddle and gibberish.

11. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Oh Shiv, please stop. You have nothing to add to this post and I'm quite sure nothing to add to this site.

JoeTSI likes this.
  12. ferralc

ferralc Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2010
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Fernando
    Welcome to the most entertaining club in fchat the beloved Boxers/TR/M club
    Nothing here is boring

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. BOKE

BOKE Beaks' Gun Rabbi
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 13, 2009
    600 East Fremont Street
    Full Name:
    Lucky

Now that that is over, somebody please hook Jamie up so he can finish things up.

Jamie,
    Respect for knocking out this project and having a great outlook.
    Cheers,
    Marc

xplodee likes this.
  14. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    #889 PA32Pilot, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Back on subject!

Did this 5x.

Also did it 5x turning the bleed nipple.

Here you can see that I did put the spacers

Here is the window.

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  15. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Car off:

Car on:

16. Grease Donkey

Grease Donkey Karting

Jul 5, 2018
    Zurich, Switzerland
    Had a similar situation once. My remedy was inverse bleeding: pushing break fluid into the valve on the slave cylinder.

If you want to measure the effect you take the fluid that is pushed from the reservoir. My fluid level was over 1cm lower after the procedure. That all must have been air.

It is highly recommended to only do this with a totally clean reservoir. The front section where the clutch master is connected is a gunk collector. It only spills over into the section where you add fluid on the top. All debris always stays trapped....

Fingers crossed!!!!

turbo-joe likes this.
  17. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Just to make sure and before I remove bell housing.

Drained oil from bell cover and refilled it with 3.5 of gear fluid. WSM calls for 100g, 3.5oz is as close as I could get.

18. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    the diff has been broken before. now only the left cover was broken because of too much stress from the broken diff.

you can always shift when the engine is not running without pushing the clutch

show me a photo of the spacer where the middle plate is on. just now see the spacers where only the pressure plate comes on

19. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Don’t t think I understand.

The tabs that were on the plate between the 2 disc?

20. turbo-joe

turbo-joe F1 Veteran

Apr 6, 2008
    southwest germany and thailand
    Full Name:
    romano schwabel
    #895 turbo-joe, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    what you understand now under "tabs"?

the intermediate ring (8) has 3 "ears" what goes on the flyhweel. but before those ears touch the flywheel/spacer ring you need to put on the spacers on the spacer ring. also in this intermediate ring there are 3 very small clips. they have to go on the pins/studs (9) at the flywheel and connect to the aluminum ring/spacer ring (7) . you put this ring in right? the 3 ears are springsteel ( right word? ). and they bring the intermediate ring when you push the clutch a little away from the first clutch plate. when you now have the spacers not at the right place those "ears" can not move the intermediate ring so far away that the first disk will be free

it is a little complicated to explain but I think you understand what I mean?

21. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
    Think I installed spacers wrong.

I removed bell housing. Here are pics at each point.

22. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Jamie Kirk
  23. PA32Pilot

PA32Pilot Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 5, 2020