Lost my house and CS in fire | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Lost my house and CS in fire

Discussion in '360/430' started by Bill S, Oct 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F&M racing

F&M racing Formula Junior

Feb 26, 2006
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    JimF
    Sorry for your lost Bill. Our prayers go out to you. Material things can be replaced, gald to hear everyone is ok.

Jim

2. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I am really sorry to hear that Bill.
    My thoughts go out to you, your family and everyone that has been affected by this terrible tragedy. At times like these unfortunately we can only pray that we still have our health.

3. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    no words...
    i saw your first pic this morning, it s creasy.

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Though valuable property was not spared from fire; the most precious possession one could have was spared, your lives. It's a long road ahead for you folks to get to your suddenly new destination unknown, but, all of us wish you strength and perseverance as you slowly build upon your new foundation. Even when the tough going is at it's toughest, just remember, you are a Phoenix, rebirthing from the ashes.

5. MainSource

MainSource Rookie

Sep 30, 2006
    Wow, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Bill. I am glad that you and your family are okay, as your health and safety are all that matters. You can always replace a material possession. We are praying for your strength.

Chris

6. BLUROAD

BLUROAD F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2006
    Tustin Ranch, Cali
    Full Name:
    Enrico Pollini
    Wow... Unreal..

7. AAP

AAP Karting

Dec 9, 2003
    Twinsburg, OH
    Full Name:
    Ankur A. Patel
    Pretty much my sentiment ... hopefully everything that matters like your friends, family, kids, pets etc is okay ... car's and houses can be replaced ... but those other things are priceless.

While I cannot say that I have been in the exact same situation, a tornado destroyed our home in 2003 ... the only thing that mattered at the time was that my father who was at home came out alive ...

Good Luck ... hopefully it is not to long until this whole thing starts to come to an end and people can rebuild.

8. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Man, good you're okay. Sorry to hear.

And I thought our hurricane seasons were bad. :(

RMX

9. CAPRISTO EGOISTE

Oct 25, 2007
    Istanbul
    Full Name:
    CAPRISTO EGOISTE
    Pics are disaster&painful. Thank God you and your fam ok!

10. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
    Sorry to hear about your loss Bill. The most important is that you and your family are ok and that's priceless.

11. BIG_DJE

BIG_DJE Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2004
    Newport Coast
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. I was made from the ash being all over my house. Now I am greatful to have a house.

12. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Really? Shlt I think it was a little jizz that worked with me :) J/K, just trying to lighten things up a tad. Again, let me know if I can be of some help?

13. grold

grold Karting

Aug 23, 2006
    Del Mar, CA
    Full Name:
    Kevin Grold
  14. Torque

Torque Rookie

May 9, 2006
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Emir
    Sorry for your losses. Most important thing is that you made it out alright; I'm sure you'll be back in something even nicer (maybe your chance to get a F430 Scuderia?).

15. herragge

herragge Karting

Sep 15, 2007
    Alberta
    My deepest condolences. I am so sorry for what you have lost, hopefully your loved ones are alright.

That was a beautiful CS and a beautiful RS, good luck in the future.

16. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Glad you and your family are ok Bill. :)

Sorry to see the house and cars gone, but you and your families health comes first. :)
    Wish I could do something to help you buddy. Take care brother! :)

17. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    A thought would be to clean off the engine, repaint it and make into one of those ferrari coffee tables we see from time to time!!!

18. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    God thats horrible. So sorry, very depressing to see those pics, I cant imagine what you feel like :( Hope new cars and new house comes quick.

Best,
    Brian

19. K.D.K

K.D.K F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2007
    Destiny
    Full Name:
    Fruit Cake
    Woo bummer! Most importantly you are safe! Material things are easily replaced.

They ought to mete out life sentences to the purported arsonists...

20. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    those cops who shot dead a suspected arsonist have it right ;)

21. tougebear

tougebear Rookie

Jul 18, 2007
    It hurts me to see those cars looking like that.

I too am very sorry for the loss. :(

22. K.D.K

K.D.K F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2007
    Destiny
    Full Name:
    Fruit Cake
    Ah that is way too easy :) I rather he be someone's B***h for the rest of his natural life....

23. petert

petert Karting

Jun 16, 2004
    Bill, so sorry man.

24. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Sorry for your loss. Hopefully the insurance gods will expedite your claim and you are back in a CS and RS in the near future.

25. Bill S

Bill S Formula 3

Oct 2, 2004
    #125 Bill S, Oct 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks so much to all for your kind words, thoughts and great advice (especially from a few Katrina vicitims). Luckily we were not home when the fires started. My neighbors barely got out alive at 4 AM, having to drive through walls of flames and fire winds up to 60 mph that were filled with burning embers. The tops of most of the trees were on fire. Everyone is safe. Thank god.

I saw our house yesterday for the first time (that picture was taken by a neighbor). 7 of the 9 homes on our street are gone. Here's a picture looking into the garage. The house is gone.

My wife spent several hours looking through the ashes as she decorated the house and knew where everything was better than me. She only found a few ceramic Christmas ornaments in pretty good shape. Everthing else melted or burned up. Splatters of aluminum from the Ferrari were on a stucco wall more than 20 feet away. The aluminum doors and hood of the GT3 RS melted. The steel body is left. We also lost a Viper RT/10. That's pretty much the same as the CS since it's fiberglass. Only the roll bar and some of the engine are left. Metal wire strands can be seen where all the tires were. Amazingly, the carbon rotors of the CS survived. I couldn't find the titanium wheel bolts.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login