Lotus Emira | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'British' started by sainthoo, Jun 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Houston dealer has taken 45 deposits, and does not even have a Sales Brochure...

I think it's a winner

Pawilly and F2003-GA like this.
  3. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    I am somewhere in the top 10 with Lotus in Boston. Looking forward to the invite when the car makes
    It up here to check it out in person.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

4. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    we had it here in Austin several weeks ago...
    I'm surprised you didn't get an invite yet
    maybe they missed you... they missed me too! - I saw online in a Lotus forum that folks in the US were seeing it...
    so I contacted my sales guy who took my deposit.
    He was surprised I had not got the invite, so he (re) sent it to me

5. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C

I just emailed my salesperson asking when it will arrive or see if i already missed the boat.

6. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    So PERFECT time from our friends on the other side of the Pond. They have decided that FEBRUARY is the time to checkout a mid-engined sports car in Boston.

7. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Well, I just gave up my #15 spot for the Emira at Lotus of Denver. A bundh of small reasons tipped the scale for me away from the First Edition Emira, and I just brought home a 2014 Evora S w/ 5,000 miles. I kept hearing from multiple sources that, unless you have a reservation w/ one of only two or three dealers that agreed on the face of the reservation to hold the MSRP, that these cars won't leave the showrooms for less than $115k or so. My Emira configuration included the 6-speed V6, so I think I just got about 95% of the Emira for half the money. I love this Evora - the last Lotus I drove was my dad's Europa twin cam in 1979, so maybe I'm just easily impressed . . . .
    First pic - the glam shot from the ad; Second is right after I pulled it into the garage in Santa Fe after 5+ hours in the Recaro seat - great drive - w/ its English sister in the background.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

360Tom, TheMayor, Pawilly and 3 others like this.
  8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I have a sneaking suspicion with the demand, inflation, etc.... my hope of a sub 100K Lotus Emira will be dashed on the rocks of reality....
    we shall see...
    I suspect there will be further delays (normal in the launch of a new car, new factory, supply chain woes, etc...)
    I think I'm #45 ish in Austin. Our dealer has supposedly been one of the top Lotus dealers for years, and thus will, in theory, get more cars. Who knows. They still say MSRP. Doesn't mean the mothership won't increase prices.
    I figure >1 year at this point before it is a reality.

Bryanp likes this.
  9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Any updates on production?
    I am hearing possible spec order end of mo the first possible delivery end of year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. eurocg

eurocg Karting

Jun 14, 2019
    Florida
    Full Name:
    C
    Lotus Boston told me fall delivery. We are supposed to be invited to check the car out in February, I assume then they would be taking orders then.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

11. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I'm not a big social media guy... but I do follow Lotus on Instagram... their media presence stinks!
    you think they would be posting pics of the new factory, new equipment, supplies showing up, etc....
    pretty much nothing.
    they should hire a high schooler to do their media presence. It would be better than the more or less non existent stuff they put out now...

12. Innovativethinker

Innovativethinker F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2009
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mark Smith
    Just got this update from my dealer:

Hello!

The entire Galpin Lotus team would like to thank you for your patience and understanding through the Emira ordering process.

We know it has been a while since we communicated and after our meeting with Lotus Cars USA we are excited to finally have some news.

Lotus Cars is finalizing the total number of cars that will be allocated to the Americas for the first run. Delivery dates for the V6 have now been updated to October. Lotus Cars is still finalizing the "per-dealer" allocation and we hope to have a concrete number of dealer allocations by the first week of February.

We are excited for the future and thank you for being the best part of it!

As more information becomes available to us, we will share it with you. In addition, we will be following up with you to finalize your order with Galpin Lotus.

If you have any questions or concerns until then, please call me at [email protected]

13. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yes got the same email….looks like we’re going through the same dealer.
    Can’t wait to spec it!

Innovativethinker likes this.
  14. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    It would appear there are 36 authorized dealers in the US (based on the map on their website).
    seems like 11 more in the "Americas"
    If each dealer got 20, that's 720 cars to the US.
    40... 1440 cars for the US
    just trying to calculate my chances.... I'm about 44 th on my dealers list....

15. sainthoo

sainthoo Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Apparently allocations are out. If you are on a list, your dealer should be able to tell you how many they are getting this year.

16. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
  17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    You already Spec’d yours ?

18. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Yes. We were asked to submit our spec in November for the V6 First Edition cars in the UK. I can alter my spec if I wish but that would push delivery back into July. There isn't anything I want to change though.

19. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    yep...
    Austin getting 17 cars...
    so I'm not getting one (based on my spot...).
    certainly disappointed...

20. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Why not go through another dealer ?

21. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    good question...
    laziness on my part?
    I like the sales guy... I'd get it serviced here in Austin.
    I doubt I'd have a better shot in Dallas or Houston...
    Our dealer was very clear about selling at MSRP (which is interesting, as they are part of the same dealer network as the P dealer, who is asking 50K+ for GT3 allocations...)
    we shall see... I have a feeling they will increase the prices... maybe 20+% or more... just based on the number of orders / deposits they already have.
    I suspect the first few will be on the secondary market with an ask of a significant premium.
    Most of us have a price point in our heads... based on perceived value, and the reality of income / savings. I hope to get one... but if the price goes up substantially, there are plenty of other cars to have! (honestly, the last thing I need is another car... but the dream is still alive!)

Pawilly likes this.
  22. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Just got my email for 2nd deposit and spec. Getting it at MSRP, likely fall delivery. Woot!

Attached Files:

23. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Has anyone found photos of actual cars other than blue? That seems to be all I can find. I don’t trust colors shown on configurator. Paint samples will not arrive to our dealer for another 30 days and it sounds like I will need to order before then (if I want to keep my spot). Such a hard decision.

24. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Looking for Nimbus Grey and Magma Red in particular. I have narrowed it down to those two.

25. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Catchpole tested prototype at hethel and says it drives just like a lotus. Best compliment I can think of. Was a touring 6sp v6 and he says it was perfectly suited to track use despite not being sport set up

Jonathan19 and plastique999 like this.