Lotus Emira | Page 12 | FerrariChat

Lotus Emira

Discussion in 'British' started by sainthoo, Jun 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    I asked my dealer about this specifically... I'd love to do this.
    Apparently no plans for US customers at this time.... hopefully that will change!

c8spidey likes this.
  2. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    big improvement looks wise over previous offerings

3. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Pawilly, sainthoo and BJK like this.
  4. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    No photos of nimbus grey?

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Pawilly, sainthoo and jm2 like this.
  6. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    With my black pkg. and tan interior, I'm still thinking I'm gonna wrap mine in a bright white.

7. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    spike308 likes this.
  8. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    Love it!

9. OSUferrari

OSUferrari Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 13, 2015
    Denver CO
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks! That is the first live photo I have seen...................like it - especially with black rims and roof. I am going to ask if I can switch my order from Shadow to Nimbus without impacting delivery date. Not sure how Lotus works..............

10. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Looking forward to reading some real world feedback as deliveries start arriving. I was on the fence last year on putting a deposit down and creating a build knowing all the delays and challenges going on around the world. The car still holds some interest for me and looks like a huge step forward for lotus.

I have not followed closely but has anyone received their cars yet or is there still some months before the first round gets into customers hands?

11. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Why is the hood bent on all of these cars?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Robb likes this.
  12. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    There have been no customer deliveries thus far. UK dealers and buyers will get the first production cars which, at this moment in time, are scheduled to commence delivery during July.

13. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Very nice, thank you for the update. Excited for Lotus, this car is going to bring them to a new place with a whole new spectrum of customers. Shame that v6 doesn't produce more power into the 500 range. From the specs I found, it's still a 3000'ish lb car, so not exactly hugely light weight.

14. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    its still as it always has been.

its a cayman competitor that offers exclusivity, style, driving experience over reliability, dealer network, and performance for the porsche.

i dont think it ups the comparison more than it ever was to make lotus successful and overtake porsche. imo, it will remain a niche vehicle no different than evora was.

15. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Its much better less clown/kit car like looking design is opening it up to a larger audience. The Evora was a big improvement but IMO the Emira takes the company into a much better/bigger audience position and when I was considering getting on the list at my local Lotus dealer, the demand was like nothing they had experienced with Evora, so I think the Emira does bring a whole group of new customers out of the woodwork who had never seriously considered a lotus. Not saying its going to overtake Porsche lol, that will never happen but the emira imo does grab some more Porsche Cayman/variations customers than ever before.

16. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    evora was much better looking than cayman and had all the attributes i listed in my previous post but still didnt make a dent in porsche sales.

emira has wait lists now because all new sports cars have wait lists in this insane economy. its still just an even better looking evora with a new interior and will settle back into that same sales space.

i hope that works for lotus long term because they will fail if they need much more out of it

17. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    I certainly like the evora and considered purchasing at one time but it was the poor reviews when compared to the cayman that partially bummed me out/stopped me. I'm not really a big cayman demographic though. While I had a 981 Boxster S about ten or so years ago and thought it was a great car and of course recognize how good/great the Gt4's are, my 911 GT3 blew the doors off of all cayman variations and I don't think I would ever go back, with the possible exception of the Spyder. I just didn't want to take a performance step backwards with the evora, but the Emira seems to have changed that proposition, though maybe I'm just more of a sucker for the Emira's great looks since real performance reviews have yet to really come out or comparisons with the caymans. I thought the Emira platform was quite different from the evora, is that not the case?

18. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    Emira is same powertrain in modified evora chassis with new body and interior. So performance will be similar to last evora. Big upgrade is in quality, comfort, noise, harshness, etc

boxerman likes this.
  19. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

My build was finalized and submitted to Lotus a few days ago. We shall see.

sainthoo likes this.
  20. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Very nice, what color and options did you go with? And seeing you're in CO, I hope to see your car one of these days

21. c8spidey

c8spidey Formula Junior

Dec 10, 2018
    westchester county ny
    Full Name:
    lou g
    My order was submitted in January and told to likely be a fall delivery.

22. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Verdant Green, black pack, alcantara interior with yellow, yellow calipers. Went with the silver wheels as well.

23. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    thats not too bad if they in fact deliver. I was on the fence on putting the small deposit they wanted to get an allocation last year but with all the drama around the world, I decided I would rather just wait and see how and when the first round of cars are delivered.

That green is beautiful and which engine did you go with?

24. Gle8

Gle8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

V6 :)