Lotus Esprit vs Z06 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Lotus Esprit vs Z06

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by Johnny USA, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Thats a good question and would like to see those results to if they existed.

2. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
  3. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! You guys are pretty pathetic in some of your related points. Nsx Driver, you should also re-read my posts, as i already stated that i HAVE tracked my Nsx. As for me not caring about maintenence prices, youre right, i dont. Especially since i bet that my maintenence costs on my sprayed Diablo over many years of useage are less then that of your Nsx.

Now i see we are reverting to quoting lap times, done by the Best Motoring guy who has more seat time in an NSX than any one of combined, against a magazine test driver with little or no experience behind the wheel of the car he tests. If youd like to keep it fair, use this test number for the Nsx, 20,832 km 8,38 = 144 km/h Honda NSX -98 280 hp, 1998. Also, i dont need to remind anyone that the Nsx-r is basicly a stripped out version of the NSx which is unavailable for sale here.

Also, did i mention the Esprit is 10X the car the Nsx is?

4. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Allan, you make me laugh with your pathetic exagerated stories and BS. I'm glad you found a new forum home. When the rest of you get tired of his crap, please don't send him back to prime. :D

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Exagerated stories? Sorry if my experiences completely overshadow your little pathetic honda ownership.

6. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Bring your lambo and your wallet to Vegas in April. We can see which is pathetic.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

LOL! OMG LOL! YOU DONT HAVE A CHANCE IN HELL! LOL OMG that was truly funny!

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! Just watched the video where the monster Factor X twin turbo Nsx ran an 11.55 @123mph! LOL thats pathetic.

9. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    NSX - I regularly tangle with Allan over a few principles that matter - but I've never questioned another principle that matters - his honesty. Never.

To answer your question posed to me - I have driven an Esprit S4. Not an S4S, not a V8. I have never driven an Acura NSX. However, I have been a passenger in an NSX. It is a user-friendly, very, very capable car. When the HSC goes into 2nd year of production, I may very well pick one up myself for a daily driver, if I like what I saw the 1st year. But, all that is an aside.

If an NSX is a 6.3 Earthquake on the Richter Scale of cars, then the Lotus Esprit which Allan (also) describes from (vastly greater) experience - is a 6.4. 6.4 is 10 times more powerful than 6.3.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I too think the new HSC is interesting, and if it is available with a decent powerplant, under 100k, would consider purchasing one.

11. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    wax, with all due respect, that is the stupidest analogy I have ever heard.

Allan, the FX car and times you saw are nothing compared to where it is now. Seriously, you wouldn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

12. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    "...stupidest analogy I have ever heard."

*Turns on speakers* Is this thing on?

By any chance... does your computer respond to the name "HAL"?

13. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    nobody else finds the rear end hideous? I also heard that it is one of three potential designs, not due for at least a couple years. Maybe well see two more prototypes:) thats cool.

14. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I find the rear-end of the 2002 Lotus esprit hideous! It is at least 10x uglier than the NSX.

NSX - Allan's lambo is pretty fast while spraying. I think it traps in the 130's. Still, I bet he is too chicken to bring it to Vegas to find out if a crappy HONDA could be his precious lambo.

15. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Yea, fast in a straight line. Has he ever tracked it? If he did show, I'm not sure if he'd leave with a bigger ego by beating stock NSX in the 1/4, or with his tail between his legs because he was demolished by a few turbo X's. If the latter, I'm sure he wouldn't be reporting back to his buddies.

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Netviper, get a life. For what it cost me to ship my car to Maui, i could buy an NSX. So how about you pay to ship it over and ill tear the ass out of your precious Factor X crap.

You morons go crazy over Gerry Johnsons turd. He built Robs Nsx, twin turbo+ Nitrous and ran 125 or 126 through the traps. THATS PATHETIC! Without Nos, his mph is slower than Stock Z06's,Viper Srt's 996TT and many more cars. He paid over 25,000 for his conversion.

Funny to see a bunch of morons trying to convince themselves that its great to spend that kind of cash to either just barely keep up with the BIG Dogs or barely beat them. Not to mention, the frequency at which the Nsx's then blow their motors. You want to talk about your precious Nsx's reliability? It should be reliable! Its a TURD. Nothing gets stressed. Nothing will break. Try running as much power as my Lambo does, with or without spray, for as many years as i have, without a single dollar in maintenence. I havent even changed the plugs.

I take the Nsx for what it is, a little car. Kind of like Herbie the love bug. If i were 16 or 18years old, id buy a 91-92.

You think the Lotus back is ugly? Lol, the Nsx looks good from the front, disproportioned from the side, and the back is dull.

Finally, my car is on a video, plus several of my other cars on www.beyondthequarter.com . I had sent Rob some video of me pounding on my Nsx through Sedona where my wife was focused in on the speedo. He called and asked me if the car was broken because of how slow it accelerated, and said he couldnt spare the tape length. That was from 60-100mph! lol

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

LOL! Yes the Nsx is a track monster! Have you seen the video by Best Motoring, where you guys all went crazy saying the Nsx-R almost beat the Murcielago.

Well, lets see, its a known fact the Murcielago owner told the driver to take it easy as the car is brand new, the driver had no experience behind the wheel. Now the NSx-R driver, with tons of Nsx experience, going balls out, hitting every berm head on gets beat by a Murcielago driver taking a stroll on the track, going around ever berm etc. THIS IS IN YOUR PRECIOUS NSX-R.

Heres some acceleratin times for the Nsx-r vs the Lotus Sport 350.

Lotus NSX-R
    0 - 100 Km/h 4,4 s 4,9 s
    0 - 200 Km/h 15,3 s 18,2 s
    0 - 200-0 Km/h 20,9 s 23,4 s
    Top Speed 282 Km/h 280 Km/h
    80 - 120 Km/h 4.Gear 4,4 s 4,6 s

Wow! Only 3 seconds faster than the NSX-R to 125mph! Thats no big deal! LOL

18. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Alan, nobody could talk sense with you because you are not sensible. You had to have grown up a spoiled kid. Hell, maybe your not even grown up yet. You are the most irrational idiot I have ever come across. I'll bet two things:
    -You have never had to earn real money in your life.
    -You have never had your ass kicked, because you were protected your whole life.

What a clown. l8r, dweeb

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! There we go, back to money. Are all Honda owners as silly as you? Not only do you have to revert to silly comparisons with your Hondas, but it seems to me, you guys are just always trying to measure up.

Dont be upset, if not only in car-dom, but in financial ranks, you fall short. As for making money, rest assured, i made every penny myself.

As for getting my ass kicked, you could always fly out to Maui and be the first to try.

20. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I tend to disagree with Allan from time to time, but I really don't give much of a crap to get into a shouting match with him over this nonsense. Who cares?!? I think he is having fun most of the time and doesnt sweat these kinds of things.

Everyone has their opinions, so just let it rest.

My opinion on this is that both cars are great in their own ways. And it is very hard to argue against the relative cheap costs involved in modding out an Esprit. But then again, just go for whatever makes you happy and don't get offended everytime a disagreement comes up.

Thanks for this thread, it has been entertaining.

21. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Yes, it has. :D And to those rational, I love the Esprit's, F's and even more so the Lambo's. I appreciate Allan's enthusiasum, but his opinions are a bit slanted more times than not.

Allan, maybe we'll meet sometime in the the Kannapali Hillside, but you won't want to be trying to kick any butt. :D

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sure! Come on down! Ill take you for a ride in a real car! As for not wanting to kick any butt....

My opinions are not slanted. You feel they are slanted because they dont go along with your opinions. I truly feel the Nsx is a nice car, but it is a long way from being an Esprit.

23. NSX Driver

NSX Driver Rookie

Dec 18, 2003
    Allan, you just don't get it. Your responses go beyond that of being elitest. You have to trash things that you don't care for, in a manor that belittles others. As far as the kick butt thing, you miss-interpreted what I said. What I was questioning, in a nutshell, was whether you had ever been stompped down upon in your past. IOW, have you had to reflect for actions done upon others. I know I'm way past physically threatening people, especially fellow enthusiests, no matter thier beliefs. I suspect you are beyond that as well, but were a bit worked up. Sorry if I pulled your chain too hard.

Carry on Allan (and crew). ;)

24. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont think you get it. If your interpretation of me being an elitest means that i believe that having or spending money makes me superior, or cars superior, youre definately wrong. Let me expound on my Nsx beliefs.

In my opinion, id rather have an Nsx, than a corresponding Naturally aspirated Porsche. If it is a Turbo Porsche, whether it be a C2 Turbo,993 Twin turbo, 996 TT etc, then i take the Turbo anyday of the week.

You may or may not have read, that i also prefer the Lotus to my 355. The 355 is a great car, but when money is factored in, the Lotus delivers far more bang for the buck. The 355 is substantially more car than an early Nsx, but , when compared to a late model 3.2 Nsx, i do not believe the 355 is 10X the car of the Nsx. The 355 is certainly a better car, but for its price, it does not particularly do anything that is that much better than a 3.2 Nsx.

I also posted on Nsxprime awhile back, a review on my 348 and Nsx. The Nsx was better in many areas, including acceleration atleast to 100mph (slightly). The 348 is prettier, more fun to drive, and sounds better. The 348 will also respond better to bolt on mods than the Nsx does. Obviously not including supercharger, or nitrous. Inmo, the 348 is a better value than a 355, as in many aspects, i prefered the 348s feel over the 355. Especially steering. The 348s price also far better substantiates its performance. I prefer the 348 to the Nsx. Is it 10x the car, no. But i like it better.

I prefer a Nsx to any Corvette.

Lastly a final note on the Esprit. The Esprit and the Nsx are very close in many areas, especially price and depreciation. Both, in late model form, stickered around 90,000, both in 2002 form are worth in the 60's, with the Esprit actually being slightly higher, with similar results as you go down the line.Inmo, the Esprit betters the Nsx is every area, visually( i find it far more appealing) performance(stock for stock the Esprit is SUBSTANTIALLY QUICKER), braking, fun to drive etc. The Esprit is also far easier to mod, (1800.00=100hp with an ECU) and modding the Esprit not only helps performance, but reliability, as it is a big plus to add intercoolers and blow off valves. In my experience, the Esprit has been as good, or better than my Nsx where in reliability. So, to me the Esprit is one of the few cars, that for the price, betters virtually every car in its class, and even some above its class. Sort of the way a Corvette Z06 does, albeit only in performance. The Nsx always needs excuses. Like all the people who say "well if i bolt a supercharger, or twin turbo it would run with, or if i change the brakes, or the suspension could be made to. While the Esprit just DOES. So to me, it is 10X the car of the Nsx.