Lotus Exige S Launch system | FerrariChat

Lotus Exige S Launch system

Discussion in 'British' started by mercedesbenze55amg, Feb 3, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Have you heard the method... Uhh makes my gut hurt. you turn the car off hold down the TC control button for 5 seconds then put you foot flat on the gas (give it full beans) and also the clutch put it in gear then turn the car on (while still giving it full beans) then just throw the clutch out.... jebus christ that sounds violent, I saw it on Fifth Gear Vicky did it and i just wanted to cry

2. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    i dont get it. what is this trying to accomplish?

3. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Launch control is a system where you get optimal wheel spin and grip so your not wasting away your grip by spinning it away in smoke but also not bogging down and not getting 100% from your engine, the LP640 has one, the CS has one but none is as violent. the LP640 you put the gas down and it limits it to 4G as the point where the clutch engages, the CS im not as sure but I know it doest have the engine bouncing off the rev limiter from the get go..

4. Carsonp

Carsonp Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Minnesota - NW subs
    Full Name:
    Carson Partain
    you have a link to the vid?

5. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
  6. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Wow, you could see the door opening beside her as the car is powered around, the roof was lifting off etc. GM owns Caterham?

7. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    You are talking about the "Seven"?
    Its all a vinyl top with plastic windows, Its minimilist at its best. Only reason to have the top on is if the weather is a bit afoul.
    Caterham owns Caterham.

8. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

Who cares, really? It's just a car...

9. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Oh I know its just a car, but its kind of that Nails against chalk board thing. the sensation of it. you could just say "oh yea its just a chalk board" but still damn! lol

10. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

It was pure joy in the R8, no nails or chalkboard in sight!

11. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Oh i understand that, for different cars the LC is different the LP640's isn't bad, you floor it, and it bangs in at 4,000RPM. It was just Lotus's particular LC system is one of the most violent ones I have seen. That is all I was pointing out was this particular Launch control system and I wanted people's opinion. They say that a CS's clutch will last 4-5 full bore Launch Control starts (I forget the exact number) and that is FAR less violent, so I am wondering what is the damage this must do to the drivetrain?

12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    LC on an Exige ?? Thats ridiculous .

13. vteqe

vteqe Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2005
    long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sandy
    Climbing into a Lotus 7 with the top up is like climbing into a sleepingbag head first and coming out head first.