Louisville Cars & Coffee | Page 5 | FerrariChat

Louisville Cars & Coffee

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by indaville, Mar 9, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. A little more wet than I like, still a decent turnout considering. Nice 360!

2. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Thanks a lot! :D

I think a third did also.

Thanks!

Yeah, I was disappointed with the rain for the standpoint for the show but it didn't really bother me to drive the F-car in the rain. :)

3. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    #103 nsortor12, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anybody have any pictures to share from Cars and Coffee August? Disappointed that I didn't have the chance to go around and take pictures before the "free car wash." :p
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Caio

Caio Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami
    Hello guys. I just moved to Lexington from Florida. I hope to meet some of the members next month... what is the date for the next event?

I will be on a LP560-4 :)

5. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Next cars and coffee is on September 14. Be sure to come up! You'll enjoy it.

Can't wait to see your car there. :)

Nick

6. Caio

Caio Karting

Mar 17, 2012
    Miami
    Hello Nick, I will do my best to come and meet you guys.

That is my partner's car, amazing ride. I'm still in the process to find a nice exotic.

7. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Just a reminder that Cars and Coffee is tomorrow, September 14th from 9:00-11:00. The weather looks fantastic! Expecting a good turnout.

8. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Can't wait. Will be there.

Hopefully you still plan on attending. I'd love to see your partner's car. You won't regret the short distance up. Very much worth it. :)

9. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Did anyone go? Any pics?

10. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    #110 DANCER308, Oct 9, 2013
    I found this picture I took back in the early 80's. I think this was inside "The Mall" or "St. Matthews Mall" back then. Does anyone know who the owner was/is?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    C & C Sat Oct 12, 9 - 11 AM Captains Quarters

12. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    #112 nsortor12, Oct 12, 2013
  13. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Despite the weather, the show did go on and French Lick was very accommodating. The show was moved from the gardens outside to the tennis center and a level of the parking garage, so everyone stayed dry. Over 5,000 people came through the gate for the show, in fact more this year than were at Churchill Downs last year. Overall we heard nothing but positive feedback about the new venue, so the move was a success. I did take some pics and you can see them here:

2013 Louisville Concours d'Elegance - a set on Flickr

14. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Brian,
    Thanks for the pics. Glad to hear everything worked out in spite of the weather. Bruce won KIDS CHOICE, he was sooo excited.

15. Nice! Did they put any cars on display in the West Baden?

16. silvergts1998

silvergts1998 Formula 3

Apr 10, 2005
    ky
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Joey when did you become a moderator?

17. Earlier in the year.

18. Pars

Pars Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2006
    KY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    No cars on display in the atrium at West Baden, they did hold the Gala there the night before the show. Most of the exhibitors stayed at West Baden and they all loved it.

19. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    Hopefully it'll be warm enough to squeeze in one more C&C in November. Not ready to have the car put up for the winter. :(

20. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    It's a beautiful building.

The World Class Driving Festival of Speed hosted there about 6 years ago was great.

21. It's awesome. I stay there a couple times a year. I met Bill Cook, the man responsible for saving the place, at dinner several years ago. He has unfortunately died since. He was a gracious man. Incidentally the room rates for the Concours on the sign up sheet are better than I've gotten. Larry Bird's old house is for sale right up on the hill looking out of Baden. Smaller than you would think, but with plenty of garage space (RV size), and his basketball court is outside!

22. konatown

konatown F1 Rookie

Jul 16, 2009
    Evansville, IN
    Full Name:
    Kyle Swickard
    How is his restaurant in FL?

My future BiL is getting married at the French Lick Hotel this dec 28.
    Fiancée wants to get married in the gardens at West Baden ...

23. It's been a mostly a hit with one miss on the one in West Baden. A different staff each time. They did call us on the phone a week later & ask what we thought about it. I probably turned 3 different shades of red when my wife told them how disappointing it was. To my surprise they sent tickets for a free diner. Whatever you want. That dinner was great. Dinners since have been good. The Gardens would be pretty for a wedding. They have horse carriage rides as well that she might want to incorporate.

24. DANCER308

DANCER308 Formula Junior

Oct 24, 2009
    KY
    Full Name:
    Dan
    C&C Saturday 11-9-2013, Captains Quarters 9-11 AM

Be there..... or don't.

25. nsortor12

nsortor12 Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2013
    Louisville
    I can't believe how great the turnout was. Very nice day.