Love Eastwoods Plastex Repair Kit | FerrariChat

Love Eastwoods Plastex Repair Kit

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Joe_CT, Oct 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #1 Joe_CT, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I love the Eastwoods Plastex Repair Kit. I have had several projects that included repairing broken plastic bits in hidden locations. When the location is not obvious, I will try to repair the plastic instead of paying hundreds for a cheap piece of plastic. Here is the latest project. The right license plate light was out on the TR and when I went to replace the bulb, I noticed the plastic housing was completely broken. I used Eastwoods Plastex to create a solid base and then finished it off with some glazing putty. It came out pretty good. I will need to sand it down with 1,000 grit sandpaper to remove the imperfections in the paint and give it one last coat of black paint, but not bad overall (and no-one will ever see it besides me). Now I need to do the other one as it looks like crap next to this one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ManCar

ManCar Karting

May 6, 2009
    Down South
    Very nice, I need to go check mine.... ;)

3. jungathart

jungathart Guest

Jun 11, 2004
    NoVA, AmeriKa
    Full Name:
    Komrade Jung
    Nice work! Didn't know the product existed until now. Thanks.

4. vincenzo

vincenzo F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    does it have any strength?
    Rgds,
    Vince

5. Joe_CT

Joe_CT Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 16, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Yes, it is quite strong. I used a small washer and built up around it to give it extra strength where the screw goes through it. I just re-sprayed it with a more semi-gloss paint for a better match to the original (and reveals fewer imperfections). I am now going to do the one on the left so they match.

6. kerrywittig

kerrywittig Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2005
    Ithaca, New York
    Full Name:
    Kerry David Wittig
    Well done.................wish I had been aware of this neat little product previous to taking out a loan to purchase the OEM's!!

Kerry