News

Low Carb/high-fat diet...thoughts?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Walter Cervantes, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Walter Cervantes

Sep 2, 2020
    Full Name:
    Walter Cervantes
    Hi everyone -

I started looking into low cal/high fat diets. Currently my cal deficit is going well with my current composition of carbs (usually somewhere in the 45-50% daily macros). During the process I have gotten rid of junk foods/sugary drinks but I do like my bread, grains, and pasta...

However, I really have gotten into the literature of low cal diets. Would just like to get your thoughts on this diet?
    - does it work for you?
    - was the process to change to lower carbs hard?
    - was there any pointers for someone thinking about moving to low carb diets?

Any pointers greatly appreciated!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. topcarbon

topcarbon Formula 3

Nov 3, 2006
    Illinois / Mexico
    Full Name:
    j
    any dietary changes will be hard at first if you went from balances (or unbalanced) to something restrictive.
    Its going to take will power to resist carbs.
    High fat diet? never tried it, and will never try it.
    I eat a balanced diet with exercise and I do just fine.
    If you are trying to lose weight, best advise I can give is picture your body as a furnace, exercise is the heat that cooks the calories. the more you move, and have pace, the hotter the furnace becomes. you need to feed the furnace with wood(calories)and burn the wood(movement).

4. Veedub00

Veedub00 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jun 30, 2006
    Troy, Michigan
    Full Name:
    James
    if you are obese, you can average 2 pounds per week weight loss for the first 6 months with doing nothing but keto.