Low miles or newer car | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Low miles or newer car

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by adamellisdj, Jan 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    As far as I am aware there are no significant changes to cars year over year (only if an “M” package comes out), so for me as a buyer I don’t worry about build year per se.
    I very much worry about garage queens, and so should you.
    I personally would go for a slightly higher mileage car, with complete records, assuming not a collectible. If you want to drive your car then slightly more miles is better IMO.
    For me the next most important factor is the history of the car. If you can know the previous owner that is the best. The second best is a one owner car bought and serviced at the same dealer you are buying it from...that gives me confidence as well.

These cars are more or less “hand made” and often early on in the life of the car the dealer has to correct problems. You want a car that has been driven, pushed a little (but not abused) and then sorted.
    Think of it like a boat....I would never buy a more complex boat (cabins, pumps, generators, electronics, winches, etc...) that is 3 years old with 20 hours on her....never.

2. adamellisdj

adamellisdj Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2020
    Full Name:
    Adam Ellis
    It’s a tricky one

you’re basically paying £15k more for 6 month extra warranty on top of the 2 Ferrari give you. You can get a 1 year warranty extension for £3000. So I’d have 6 months more warranty. 2k les miles and save £12k.

garage queen.. well. Spoke to Ferrari (different dealer who had no agenda) and he assured me that that’s rubbish on both the 458 or 488.

I’m not disagreeing with you. Just food for thought.

pS - all cars have a full Ferrari history. Most in the Uk do tbh.

3. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Do the two 2018 cars sit at the same dealer? Also, while colour is the same, what about all the other options?
    Like was said, compare by using 11k or 10k, not 15k. If those two 2018 cars are not with the same dealer but completely identical, there's a very good chance you could pick up the 177k car for 170-172k. Some dealer just try to charge more. No news in that.

Do they all have the same amount of CF, the sane seats etc? Same wheels? It matters.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app