Lower intake manifold removal....humanly possible? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Lower intake manifold removal....humanly possible?

Discussion in '360/430' started by RedNeck, Apr 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Useful thread, thank you. What was the original reason to remove the intake manifold? Preventative maintenance, symptoms?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedNeck likes this.
  2. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I believe this continued on another thread somewhere, but in my case, after going through several different reducers that I ended up returning, I ended up using the original boots since mine were still in very good condition. I have the exact measurements around here somewhere on one of my posts, but it seems they are an oddball size that nobody seems to make. I had a few that "may" have worked but it wasn't worth the risk. As far as the other hoses, those are still going strong and still far superior to the garbage Ferrari hoses. The 2 bolts that I had the most trouble with I did NOT reinstall since they were such a pain to get to, they only held the clamps for the wiring harness, so wire ties did the job just fine. Feel free to ping me when you start the project, I'll help where ever I can.

I the biggest reason was to replace the intake runner gaskets as I was getting a CEL. I replaced my HE, that had not failed yet, since I had to take the manifold off anyway.

3. 74dino246gts

74dino246gts Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Thanks RedNeck for responding and for your offer for assistance. I will take you up on that offer if I run into trouble.

RedNeck likes this.