458 - Lowering a 458 with the front lift option on oem springs. Anyone have pics? | FerrariChat

458 Lowering a 458 with the front lift option on oem springs. Anyone have pics?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Jason B, Mar 30, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    I know there are lots of lowering posts on here, but looking specifically for cars with the optional front lift lowered on oem coil’s. I know this can be done but you can’t adjust it down quite as low as without the front lift option. And there are also people that I’ve been told it can’t be done at all, which is not true.

Just looking for some photos to see if the minimal drop made enough of a difference and if owners are happy with the look they got from the minimal drop.

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I lowered my 458 Italia 15mm in front and it looked terrific (much better than stock).

Originally, I had intended to do 20mm at all four corners. However, after seeing how nice the car looked with just 15mm less in the front, I didn't even bother doing the rear. So a little can make a big difference. I lowered the car myself on the stock springs; I'd think even with the lift kit, you should be able to get away with 15mm lower.

Ray

3. Jason B

Jason B Formula Junior

Apr 7, 2006
    Hbg, PA
    Thanks. Good info. Was also trying to see how much you can lower with the front lift option. Can’t remember.