Lowering a Maser Coupe | FerrariChat

Lowering a Maser Coupe

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by '77 308GTB, Nov 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. '77 308GTB

'77 308GTB Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    TD
    I've heard mixed opinions. I want to lower my Maser just a bit, maybe a 1/2" to 3/4". Stock 18" wheels and tires and the skyhook option. One Dealer said it's complicated especially with Skyhook, but I've read that it's easier with Skyhook? Another place said I had to replace the springs, yet another said it's easy, just lower the car with the factory adjustments on the springs. That one sounds good to me, if that is doable, how long should that take, and does the car then require a front end alignment. Just trying to figure this out. Thanks in advance for your input.

Todd

2. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I've spoken to a few dealers in California who have lowered Maseratis with great success. It is easier to do with the Skyhook setup, basically you just adjust the collars on each strut to the desired ride height and as always, you must re-align the wheels after doing so.

3. '77 308GTB

'77 308GTB Karting

Oct 31, 2003
    WA
    Full Name:
    TD
    Who here has actually had this lowering done? How long did it take and are there any negative effects?

Todd