LP420 SVM Urraco aka the Twice Baked Bull | Page 20 | FerrariChat

LP420 SVM Urraco aka the Twice Baked Bull

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by TwiceBaked, Dec 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    So what's really left of the original chassis? Can it even be called a lamorghini at all? The car is coming along wonderfully, but is it still a lambo?

2. TwiceBaked

TwiceBaked Formula Junior

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    The frame with the vin, the doors, hood, roof, inner fenders
    , rockers wheel arches, headlights, taillights, badges, license plate lights, windows, windshield and gas cap. Loads of parts and such. BUT REMEMBER THIS WAS A DEAD TWICE BURNED RUSTED HULK. Also remember that you are not the same thing as you were only seven years ago you have a whole new frame as well. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T707A using Tapatalk

3. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  4. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    The Nethercutt collection has won with a car that was found rusted in a field only the vin and a hand full of parts were left. 100% of the car was new fresh build. So yeah one can make a case either way.

For me it is still my old Lambo P250 reborn as LP420 SVM Urraco and well that is the only person it really matters to. Oh and the DMV and my insurance company...

M is for Manolete ;)

5. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    4 years ago just after the acid bath [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

6. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    BY the way.. This last weekend I successfully raced in the Silver State Classic in the 120 mile per hour target speed / tech speed 140 mile an hour class. took Second Place.
    So in MAY 2016 we hope to have the Urraco ready for the 150 / 164 tech speed mile an hour class. Will try and hit the trap at 162 MPH making this the fastest Urraco ever.
    Second place 124.9722 Mph 0.5722 seconds off.. (I tapped the brake just before the finish.)

So next MAY if all goes right, (for once) on my birthday, I will set forth in the 2016 Silver State Open road Challenge 150 MPH / Tech 164 Mph class in the LP420 SVM Urraco. Having said that there is a speed trap[ in the race where i can go up top tech speed of 164 mph I will shoot for 162 Mph so I do not get DQed for going over tech speed. That would make the Lp420 SVm Urraco the fastest Urraco ever.. Plus give me either a second chance if there is a problem or weather issues to set the record in September 2016.

OR in September if I complete the 150 MPH class in May, I will then go for the 170 mph class tech to 180 mph. Think that is a max because of the fuel cell capacity and HP of this little beast. Ninety miles at that speed drinks a lot of gas.

7. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Sent in an application for a show next year.. When I got the email asking if I wanted to apply, first call / question I asked, was, will we really make it?

Before I even thought to respond to the email. I was assured by Eric to go ahead and apply for the show entry that I have nothing to worry about them getting the car done in time for the show.

Will not say what show until we hear back because if its no, not going to let the wind out of our sails. BUt if the answer is yes we will debut the car at this show for sure.

Fingers crossed. Will know if we got in in a few weeks.

8. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Drum roll please...
    Wait for it..
    "Dear Mr. Spindle,

I’m pleased to inform you that your 1973 Lamborghini Urraco has been accepted to be on display at The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering on Friday, August 19, 2016! At this time we will be distributing additional information as the event nears; including load-in schedules, access maps, and important ticket information.

Below is the information that will be printed on your entrant plaque and the bio of your vehicle that will be included in The Quail Magazine. Please respond to this e-mail with your approval or any changes to the text by Friday, October 30, 2015 at 5:00pm. In the event that we do not receive a response by the deadline, everything will be printed as is. Please note that we will look for your official photograph in April of 2016. *Subject to additional changes by The Peninsula Signature Events"

OH YEAH, Eric and his team at Ted's Hot Rod Shop assure us 10000000% we will be there. OH and YES we will run it in a race before the event to set the LP420 SVM as the fastest Urraco ever.

Smooth Sailing,
    Karlton

9. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  10. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  11. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    #486 TwiceBaked, Dec 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  12. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
  13. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Lost our original gills, looking for a set we can copy to make new ones.

14. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    New Photos soon.. Miss me?

15. TwiceBaked

Feb 19, 2012
    Lake Arrowhead Calif
    Full Name:
    Karlton Spindle
    Work is underway again..

16. GTAV6

GTAV6 Karting

Aug 10, 2006
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Jono
    Fantastic! I've been wondering what was happening for some time now.

17. Update;
    All the bad Orange paint gone
    Car back to original length
    Car now has Carbon Ceramic Disks
    Car now has Accuair and bags with coilovers
    photos on instagram and facebook

Peter K. likes this.
  18. FYI I have not "Owned" this project for many years.. Just a consultant on the build.

19. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    So you no longer own the car that was yours and your father's as on page 1? The thread was about how you found, bought and highly modfied your father's car, right? Maybe I should read thru this thread again, been a lot of years lolol

20. Correct had to sell her years ago. Business collapsed had to go chapter 7. Needed the money and sold her. However, still the project manager and some day I hope will own her. My ex thinks it's worth up to 1.3m dollars and wants it as hers. We have been devorsed longer than I had the car before forced to sell. Hence never her money used..

21. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Understood. Patience once with the car........and now patience again.

Tu160bomber likes this.
  22. Mark_Stevens

Mark_Stevens Rookie

Sep 24, 2021
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Mark Stevens
    Hi, Newbie here. I'm considering a Uracco restomod project and would love to chat with the group here, especially TwiceBaked. I know this thread is pretty old but worth a shot! Any clues anyone please? Thanks, Mark